Wet hardwood flooring

Nice way to wake up Easter morning. The dishwasher drain tube connection at the garbage disposal has dry rotted, and has been apparently leaking for who knows how long. The floors in front of the sink area are already cupped, and the flooring under the cabinet is fairly soaked.  You'd have thought they would have installed a new coupler when the new dishwasher was installed, a $10 part that saves potentially major needles dollars to be spent.  You can see its pretty dry rotted with just a quick visual inspection.  Doubt I can go after Lowes for a part they didn't replace.

Towel dried the area as much as possible, and have fans blowing now. Wondering if there's anything else that we should do ?  The Googlez says the drying process can take months depending on how saturated they are.  

Hopefully the floors un cup fully or enough that it's not an issue, or enough they can then be re sanded without fucking up the flooring. You don't wanna sand the floors till you're sure they're dry or they can continue to cup.

Yeah,  that's an option we're considering, if the problem turns out to be really bad.  Right now I'm getting it dried out, and monitoring the cupped floors. They're not horrible, but definitely cupped right now.  Took some pics of the area this morning where  the water was dripping into.

16 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Call a flood contractor to get dehumidifiers in there pronto

It's like a 30" x 30" area. Got 2 big ass fans blowing in the area since about 8 this am.  I cut a section out of the the bottom of the sink base cabinet out, so the wood flooring is all exposed.

Edited by Onboard 2.0