Fosse/Verdon on FX starring Sam Rockwell and Michelle Williams

LonghornSean

Anyone else been watching this?  Airs on Tuesday nights.  You can catch up with the FXNow app.

Basically it's about the career and creative partnership of Bob Fosse and Glen Verdon framed around their roller coaster-like relationship. Fosse's substance abuse, as well as his manipulation and treatment of women are key players in the story. I don't really know the actual history, but the show touches on producing broadway shows and the making of movies that Fosse directed (Cabaret, Chicago, Sweet Charity, Lenny, etc).

But the Fosse/Verdon relationship is the through line of the show and the performances of Rockwell and Williams have been pretty phenomenal.  As a fan of Broadway and musical theater, the show is right up my alley and I've really been enjoying it. Co-written by Steven Levenson (writer of Broadway hit Dear Evan Hansen, Masters of Sex on Showtime) and Tommy Kail (director of Hamilton).

Edited by LonghornSean

Yes! It’s a fantastic show!

Their daughter Nicole is one of the executive producers so I think it’s a fairly accurate story.

Lin Manuel Miranda (creator of “Hamilton”) is also a EP and he live tweets a lot of fun behind the scenes info every week.

I fully expect Rockwell and Williams to win Emmys for their performances.

Loving this series. Williams has to be a shoe-in for both the Emmys and Golden Globes. She is incredible in this role. FX just churns out good stuff. They easily took the baton from AMC on how to make compelling dramatic television. 

14 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Loving this series. Williams has to be a shoe-in for both the Emmys and Golden Globes. She is incredible in this role. FX just churns out good stuff. They easily took the baton from AMC on how to make compelling dramatic television. 

fx has been doing this shit for much longer than amc.

i haven't started watching this yet, but it's on the list.

• 1 month later...

Watching this rekindled childhood memories of watching "Damn Yankees" with my grandma. Unfortunately, the movie is out of print on DVD and not available for streaming on any of the major platforms. I did find a laser disc copy at my local Half Price Books for only $3.99, but now of course I need to find an actual laser disc player. Erp!