Maui

PantsTent

1 hour ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Coworker's sister had to evacuate by sailboat and took 4 families with them the other day. Their home is gone completely. 

Awful.

We are fine. I assume those sleeping in the airport were unable to find a hotel. We've been in an Airbnb in Kihei the past two nights. The host worked with me, very compassionate. Family is on a noon flight, I am on a 2 pm. Not expecting any hiccups but who knows. The resort says they will pack up our things and ship them to us at no cost when it is safe to go back and they have power. Got some cash for my wife and I was able to add my Amex on her phone to Google Pay. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Awful.

We are fine. I assume those sleeping in the airport were unable to find a hotel. We've been in an Airbnb in Kihei the past two nights. The host worked with me, very compassionate. Family is on a noon flight, I am on a 2 pm. Not expecting any hiccups but who knows. The resort says they will pack up our things and ship them to us at no cost when it is safe to go back and they have power. Got some cash for my wife and I was able to add my Amex on her phone to Google Pay. 

You're rolling with the flow, man.  Good on ya.  Good learning experience for your kids in adaptability, resilience, and compassion.  Glad y'all are all safe.

Update bc I'm sitting in a parking lot on the highway back into town. They are letting residents and hotel guests with reservations back into town you retrieve their things starting at noon. Family is on their flight Phoenix bound. Sw rebooked me at 4 but I'm not going to make it I don't think. The adventures continue. I hate to be a burden on these folks but I think getting our shit myself is probably less of one than having to have someone box everything up and ship it.