Sign in to follow this  
VolenteHawk

MLB Betting 2020

Back for another year.  Taking Zac Gallen to avoid a sweep, better side of the pitching matchup at plus money.

Diamondbacks +114

Didn't wanna leave you in here all by your lonesome :)

Starting last season, for the most part, I've been paying less attention to the pitching matchups, except in obvious cases.  With openers, 6 man rotations, starters 3-6 only going 4 innings by design, seems like starters are less important.  Generally, just sticking with good teams with good odds, regardless of who's starting.

Today, I got CLE just for grins to have early action.  I like the Rays -135, they are the better team and even though some of the Braves have come back from COVID, that's still gotta affect them.  Cubs +103, good odds on the better team.  Padres -139, road favorites but I still believe the Giants are abysmal despite splitting with the Dodgers.  And I gotta say, something really fishy about that Astros line.  Even taking into account the starters, two top teams, the road team should not be a favorite.

Yeah I'm with you on the Cubs.  Although my line is -101 right now.

Going with the Dbags +110.  Only playing that one to get some early action, don't feel that strongly about it.

Nats -172 as a visitor in their own park with Scherzer going.

Indians +107 just cuz the White Sox suck.

Thinking about continuing to ride the Rays +106 at ATL.

Depending how all that goes, might go Padres -178, but that seems expensive.  And LAA/SEA over 9.  Rendon active and SEA bullpen looking rough.

Two plays for today.  A fade of Porcello and a coinflip-ey home team behind their "ace".

Braves -127

Rockies -105

I think I'll follow you on both of those.  Also like Rays -182 at Orioles, kinda expensive.  Might try to parlay that with something else.  Liking over 9 A's/Mariners.  Sea bullpen sucks.  Also liking LAD -120 at Arizona.

Nice call on the Reds yesterday.  They are good value again today, at +141 but still a tough play.

I like Minny in the early game, -191 but they are good and Pitt is...not.

Also look for LAD to bounce back -129 at SD.

Like Toronto today. I bet it and my book that has been dealing the best lines immediately moved it 5 cents, like they did with the Reds two days ago.  That’s annoying and weird. I’ll watch it. Anyway, I make the true line 105 to 110, so anything better than 115 is good.

Blue Jays +121