Sign in to follow this  
APMP

Surly Cricket Thread

Steve Smith with an absolute blinder of a catch to send Williamson back to the pavilion. Black Caps 3-77 down by 340ish runs.
Taylor will have to come up huge but looks like the Black Caps are proper fucked.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

Pakistan and Sri Lanka have played a whopping 91.5 overs in their test.  They are at stumps at Day 4.

Whoever picked that venue for the return of test cricket to Pakistan after a decade needs to be thrown off the PCB.

Jeet Raval has to be one of the worst openers in test cricket today.  

Starc was sledging the shit out of him the over before he took his wicket saying shit like "Better run that one out mate.  Might be the last chance of your career."  Followed up with "Hey mate, Melbourne's great at Christmas especially since you're not going to be playing."

I mean I like some trash talk in sports, but Aussies have always been total pricks about it.

FYI, the willow.tv subscription finally pays off.  They have teamed up with hotstar to show the India / West Indies ODI at no extra charge through any existing willow subscription.

On 12/15/2019 at 1:38 AM, Fudge Nuggets said:

FYI, the willow.tv subscription finally pays off.  They have teamed up with hotstar to show the India / West Indies ODI at no extra charge through any existing willow subscription.

How much is the Willow subscription? I see the channel on my old Roku 3. 

Fantastic run chase by Shardul Thakur (17 from 6) to doom West Indies despite some good takes by Keemo Paul. It's the fighting Slingas in T20s next after the new decade starts.

22 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

How much is the Willow subscription? I see the channel on my old Roku 3. 

Fantastic run chase by Shardul Thakur (17 from 6) to doom West Indies despite some good takes by Keemo Paul. It's the fighting Slingas in T20s next after the new decade starts.

Streaming channel was $45 per year when I signed up back in September.  Xfinity wants $15 per month to add it to a current cable package.  You get more fixtures with the cable version, but not enough in my opinion to justify the cost.  If streaming willow continues to team up with hotstar then it’s really a no brainer. 

AUS 5-336 at lunch of Day 2 in the second NZ test.  Gotta love test cricket at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.  Too bad they have done away with Bay 13, i.e. the Wrigley Field bleacher section of cricket stadiums when it comes to rowdiness and otherwise uncivil behaviors.

Forgot to add that I miss the seagulls at the MCG.  They added character but I can see they would be a huge annoyance to fans and players.
It's all fun and games until you get shit on.

By seagulls if you're a fan.

By Steve Smith if you're an opposing player.

By "integrity of the game" if you're Steve Smith.

Nice job by the Protea bowling attack to dominate the Pom flat track bullies.  Root making excuses that the entire squad was affected by illness.  Fuck England, I hope they never win another match in any sport.

It's the "summer" of Marnus.  203* in the third test against NZ.  Dude has come out of no where to be the best test batsman in the world this summer.

He may not have got a chance to break into the side if Jofra Archer hadn't beaned Steve Smith in the Ashes.  Probably safe to say he has ended Usman Khawaja's Australia test career.

And just like that, he's out on a weak shot right back to the bowler, Astle.  215 from 363 balls.  The SCG pitch has got some bite, Nathan Lyon might go for a 5-fer in these conditions.

@UDontKnow FYI, willow has their agreement with Hotstar in place for today's T20I vs Sri Lanka.  India 201-6 at the innings break.

Sri Lanka is ass. 

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Anyone catch the ODI between AUS and India today in Mumbai?  Looks like AUS went in dry as India couldn't take a single wicket.

India got totally outclassed. Bowled out for 255 on a completely flat pitch, and then Warner and Finch completely tore the bowling attack apart. Bumrah and Shami got carted for more than 7 an over.

The entire top order fell to poorly thought-out shots. The bowling attack kept serving up half-volleys and didn't adjust their length until the 20th over. Complete bloodbath.

It did give us this nice frustrated Kohli-montage, though.