Sign in to follow this  
APMP

Surly Cricket Thread

Posted (edited)

Well, nothing going on in the greatest game until mid June at the earliest.  Might as well relive some history.

I'll start with a video on the West Indies teams from their glory days.  These were my all time favorites.

I watched this entire WC Tournament from a roadside Indian restaurant outside my condo in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.  Me and the Indian fellows were in pure awe of Ponting's performance in the finals.

Carlos Brathwaite, remember the name!!!

Ball of the century:

I'm purposely leaving England out of this post because they are pure cunts.  So let's go with some South Africa heartbreak.  Lord knows there is plenty to choose from.

Sri Lanka hey day

New Zealand has never won fuck all, but a great finish here...

Ahhhh... let's give the Saffers a little love.  CSB, friend of mine from South Africa has a wife that worked in the hotel that the SA team stayed in night before.  She swears Gibbs was still in the bar pounding drinks at 3:00 in the morning the day of this match.

And finally, some of the absolute best test cricket ever played.  This single innings by Laxman and Dravid made teams scared as hell to enforce a follow-on.  Also note, that Australia team was freaking stacked.

What have you?

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

Eeeeeexcellent.

And it's a tour of England, won't really be able to tell the difference with people not in the stands, given how quiet British summer crowds often are.

I watched the AUS / NZ ODI right before the Rona shut everything down with no fans in attendance.  I didn’t mind it at all, but it was pretty funny watching the players search the stands for the ball when someone hit a six.

After a four month delay, international cricket resumes today with the first WI vs England test.  Of course being played in England it means the toss is delayed due to rain.  Fuck England, what a shitty country.

They got in a whopping 17.4 overs of play.  After a three hour delay of the start, they played about 10 minutes then 15 minute delay.  Played another 15 minutes another delay.  I gave up after that.

I hope the test winds up a draw due to rain and England misses the Test World Cup finals because of those points.  They are not likely to make it any way since Aus, India and NZ are likely to finish ahead of them; but England seems to lead a charmed life and the ECB stacks the deck in their favor them at every chance.