Tottenham 2020-21: To Dare Is To Park

DeepEastTexas

On 9/20/2020 at 11:04 AM, Captain Ron said:

Looks like Spurs are shopping Dele. 

On 9/20/2020 at 11:54 AM, midtown said:

Was just reading that.  Not really surprised. Will be sad to see him go but that's professional sports.

On 9/20/2020 at 12:42 PM, DeepEastTexas said:

Something has been “off” about Dele for two years now. Watching the Amazon doc, and seeing Jose call him lazy, you could tell that something was going to have to change. Either Dele’s attitude and effort, or his place on the team. 

Daniel Taylor at The Athletic has a piece up about Dele Alli talking about this situation with Mourinho. Not really much you don't know if you aren't reading this. Basically the highlights:

• Dele Alli is an immense talent.
  • Mourinho expects a lot from talented players and has a history of clashing with players who didn't appear to live up to their talent (Pogba, Martial, Hazard, Pedro Leon)
  • Alli has regressed a lot in the past few seasons, under Mourinho and Pochettino
  • A lot of this is on display in All or Nothing because editing, but also because that clash is simmering right now
    • It also shows that Levy now is seeing/feeling this agrivation
  • Alli started to regress as his star started to rise. Contracts up, effort down.
    • A side effect of his "Yes men" entourage?
    • He wouldn't be the first player that this happened to:

The sport is littered with stories about players who have had a dramatic rise, attracted a lot of favourable attention and made themselves very rich in the process, but are then guilty, perhaps, of slacking off. This might be another case.

• Because Dele is expensive he would be hard to move right now + how would he be able to break into a big squad (like PSG) when he can't get into the starting rotation of Spurs

Daniel Taylor: Maybe Jose has a point about Dele Alli

If you've got a subscription, you should read this, if you want me to post it, I can.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, midtown said:

Glad I'm not the only one that thought this was BS.  I was like "he just ran right in him, how was that a foul?"

10 hours ago, DeepEastTexas said:

I thought there was a possible foul on Carroll on that free kick, when he went into Dier. 

I can't disagree that the officiating in this game was awful. These situations aren't isolated. There is also the handball call from Ndombele on his shot/cross that hit Lascelles' arm. It's all pretty ridiculous.