Longboarding/Skateboarding thread.

MC Fresh Breath

On 3/6/2024 at 4:20 PM, Mittens said:

Got 1 more grail I'll start hunting in a month or so when the coffers have had a chance to fill back up - Kevin Staab Mad Scientist.

On 4/1/2024 at 5:31 PM, Mittens said:

Just bought my final grail for $710 last week and spent a couple of days dry heaving and reconsidering my life/values.

Still having some issues swallowing that price tag, but now that it's in my hands....just so damn beautiful! 

image.thumb.png.e47d69796ec38b9bb5626a66257f0c6d.png

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/1/2024 at 5:31 PM, Mittens said:

There's a couple on ebay, but there's something off about that deck - the shape isn't correct, imo.  It should be very wide at the front trucks, super narrow hips at the back trucks and a pronounced flair out for the tail.  If I move and get a bigger wall, maybe I'll add it to my collection, but for now, I'm out of room and I am done spending.  Just bought my final grail for $710 last week and spent a couple of days dry heaving and reconsidering my life/values.

Someone just put a bunch of decks they're going to sell in a gif and you can really see what I'm talking about with the shapes here.  The 2 on the right are what I expect for a Neil Blender deck.  The Faces deck just looks so blah shaped.

image.png.809b4a29ad17ba4f82f0218fa827445d.png

That shape felt off to me as well, so I did a little poking around. 

Apparently this deck is referred to as a modified reissue because it is in fact on a different shape. 

Makes perfect sense as a rider, and obviously a heck of a lot cheaper than an OG if it's just going to hang on the wall. 

Screenshot_20240416_171757_Chrome.thumb.jpg.52929e129cf68ef386d0a296b37984e6.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...