Iowa State at OK State

msucolt45

Ahh good to know.  I was hosting a small party and had the volume down on the inside TV with our game while the Texas / Rapists game was on outside...so wasn’t really sure what the announcers said.  Also read the booth lost power for 5 minutes and it was apparently glorious to now hear the talking heads.  

I have a lot of respect for the Clones, year in and year out.  OSU fan base was all talking revenge for 2011, but to kids playing for these teams now they not even teenagers yet.  

13 hours ago, Homercles said:

Ahh good to know.  I was hosting a small party and had the volume down on the inside TV with our game while the Texas / Rapists game was on outside...so wasn’t really sure what the announcers said.  Also read the booth lost power for 5 minutes and it was apparently glorious to now hear the talking heads.  

I have a lot of respect for the Clones, year in and year out.  OSU fan base was all talking revenge for 2011, but to kids playing for these teams now they not even teenagers yet.  

I've always said your beef should have been with the powers that be in college football, and less with us.  After you bounced back in Bedlam, there was no reason to keep OSU out of the title, and I think your thrashing of Stanford proved that.

And while it doesn't compare to losing out on a national title, you guys have kind of gotten revenge in a "death by 1,000 paper cuts" kind of fashion.

2015:  ISU leads 31-21 in the 4th quarter.  We give up a mountain of 3rd and 15+ conversions while you guys came back.

2016:  ISU leads 31-14 in the 3rd quarter.  Rinse, repeat.

2017:  Back and forth game, where ISU has a lead in the 4th quarter.  OSU scores 2 TDs to take a 1 score lead.  ISU marches down the field, and throws what every single angle shows to be a tie up between the WR and DB.  Rule gives that to the WR, which would have sent the game to OT.  Refs give OSU the INT.  This game removes ISU from Big 12 title consideration.  Not exactly a national title, but it's on that level for Iowa State.  I'd compare that INT ruling to the Quinn Sharp FG miss in terms of questionable nature.

2019:  ISU chokes as favorite at home in position to make noise in the conference.  Our offensive coordinator lost his mind and had Purdy throw 50+ times while Breece Hall was getting consistent yards against OSU.  Purdy melts down in 4th quarter and gives the game away.

2020:  ISU misses 2 field goals in a 3 point game.  OSU simply better team across the board, but it still stings.

If we meet again in Dallas, and you guys win, I'd kinda say we're even given the ceilings and history of each program.  Winning the Big 12 for us is probably akin to being in the title game for you guys.

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah it seems we have crazy close games every year. 

It's pretty similar to our series with KSU.  The difference is that your wins against us aren't anywhere as fluky feeling as theirs.  

On that topic, in a year where the Big 8 ag schools are looking like the class of the league, it made me think we should do something like the Commander In Chief's Trophy.  Granted, ISU and KSU fans have been pushing really hard to just get a Farmageddon trophy and can't seem to get the university admins to really put any effort into it, and we've been playing each other annually for over 100 years.  OSU doesn't have quite as much history, but given the commonalities and still pretty extensive histories between the 3 schools, having something that kind of recognizes that in a formal capacity would be cool to me.

36 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

It's pretty similar to our series with KSU.  The difference is that your wins against us aren't anywhere as fluky feeling as theirs.  

On that topic, in a year where the Big 8 ag schools are looking like the class of the league, it made me think we should do something like the Commander In Chief's Trophy.  Granted, ISU and KSU fans have been pushing really hard to just get a Farmageddon trophy and can't seem to get the university admins to really put any effort into it, and we've been playing each other annually for over 100 years.  OSU doesn't have quite as much history, but given the commonalities and still pretty extensive histories between the 3 schools, having something that kind of recognizes that in a formal capacity would be cool to me.

Bust of Justin Smith Morrill.  The Morrill Trophy aka "Justin"...a la "Floyd" or "The Egg".

• Hook 'Em 1