Powerpoint Presentation for Job Interview?

4 minutes ago, Doc Holliday said:

For sure. 

If they ask you to support why you're a good hire.  I recommend a romeo rose expose that directly compares your swot analysis for the position against his. 

In all reality, I know one of them is a huge Longhorn football fan, so I might actually throw in a reference.  As I said, I've known 3 of the 4 managers for literally years and have worked with and for them before.

On 2/8/2021 at 3:00 PM, TwiceHorn said:

I should temper my venom here a bit.

As a lawdog, I have to sit through a lot of CLE lectures.  There's almost always both a ppt and an actual paper.  The ppt is usually not a whole lot more than the headings of the paper, graphic'ed up.

This may be peculiar to me, but in the old days, you just got a notebook or a bound volume with the paper and you'd follow along the lecture, if you were into it, and maybe highlight and annotate the paper.  I'd generally rather read information than be video spoon-fed it.

I find a lot of powerpoints to be this way.  Redundant and duplicative of other material.

Other times, they can be used to great effect.  Seems to be the exception rather than the rule, though.

There's one guy, a lawyer at Baker Botts that I actually went to high school with, that always adds some humor to the whole thing, usually poking fun at the litigants, their positions or technology, and his power points reflect that and it actually adds something.

You have a big brain though.  I'll bet if you law dogs embraced ppt with skill it would help in jury cases.