Kid fired shots (old)

gsoda3

This happened a year ago. Does anyone know what happened after?

https://www.kvue.com/mobile/article/news/local/18-year-old-accused-of-firing-ar-15-on-trail-threatening-to-kill-travis-county-deputy/269-a1ca0faa-5978-4707-b774-ab0230fb1adc

LOCAL NEWS
18-year-old accused of firing AR-15 on trail, threatening to kill Travis Co. deputy
The suspect, Rylan Rivera, was booked into jail and is facing five charges.

Author: Pattrik Perez
Published: 3:59 PM CST February 27, 2020
Updated: 3:59 PM CST February 27, 2020

WELLS BRANCH, Texas — An 18-year-old man is facing multiple charges after firing his AR-15 on a Wells Branch trail and threatening to kill a Travis County Sheriff's Office deputy.

On Monday night, the TCSO responded to reports of shots fired near West Wells Branch Parkway and Owen-Tech Boulevard.

Neighbors reported they heard four to six shots near their homes.

When deputies arrived, they found 18-year-old Rylan Luis Rivera in what the sheriff's office called "the green belt" behind one of the homes.

Deputies found him carrying an AR-15 with a red-dot scope and a magazine with about nine to 10 rounds, the sheriff's office said. A deputy also found a green rectangle pill, identified as Alprazolam, and marijuana on Rivera, according to an affidavit.

Inside the deputy's patrol vehicle, Rivera reportedly moved his handcuffs to the front of his body. As deputies tried to move the handcuffs to the back of Rivera's body, they said he began resisting and kicked a deputy in the chest, causing him pain.

While on the way to the jail, the sheriff's office said Rivera threatened to kill the arresting deputy once he gets out of jail.

"'Don't you see what I was carrying? Don't you think I have more guns,'" the deputy recalled Rivera saying.

Rivera also allegedly threatened to "put a hit out" on the deputy's son while he is in jail and said he would attend the son's funeral.

According to the arresting deputy, Rivera also said, "'I have been busting [shooting guns] all this time, and y'all just now caught me.'"

Rivera was charged with assault of a peace officer, obstruction or retaliation, deadly conduct (discharge firearm), possession of a controlled substance less than 28 grams and criminal mischief.

A judge set his total bond to $85,000. As of Thursday afternoon, Rivera remained in the Travis County Jail.