Films About Mental Health/Illness

Neonmoon

18 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

the best depiction of mental illness that i've ever seen -by far- was in that episode of Dave where Gata has a manic/bipolar breakdown. that episode is the gold standard for depicting this particular illness in a realistic light, from beginning to end. i found it be a very impactful episode of television, and i'd recommend that episode to anyone who's dealt with this sort of thing.

That guy is Lil dicky’s real-life hypeman & he really is bipolar. Great episode.

The Aviator. The scene with Alan Alda as Senator Brewster where he serves Howard Hughes a glass with a fingerprint on it was so well done. Shows on one hand a brilliant Howard Hughes, nearly foiled by an imperfection. The obsessiveness that drives greatness can also correlate with mental illness.

• Hook 'Em 2

Has anyone watched Manic, it was from 2001 and had Joseph Gordon Levitt and Zoey Deschanel. I watched it a long time and remember very little about it besides it being set in a mental institution and it being pretty good.

Edited by qwertyu1234