[Idea] Surly Football ticket escrow service

immamac

I just bought the tickets for the Fayettnam game for @scDaeDae @Wulaw Horn and @RGBIII to go. I noticed that every site either charges a 10-15% commission on ticket sales or a buyer fee of at least 50/ticket or both. 

That seems stupid if people want to go to games and buy tickets from other people who are either local or trustworthy through escrow at surlyhorns without having to pay the bullshit. 

Would there be season ticket and/or other ticket holders for home games only to do something like this for this season. I know in the best buy coupons board people will occasionally sell tickets, but you have to work everything out and do a lot of legwork to get it done. This could be something where people show up to the surly tailgate pick up their tickets and go on their merry way. Just a random idea I figured I'd gauge in the community.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

I just bought the tickets for the Fayettnam game for @scDaeDae @Wulaw Horn and @RGBIII to go. I noticed that every site either charges a 10-15% commission on ticket sales or a buyer fee of at least 50/ticket or both. 

That seems stupid if people want to go to games and buy tickets from other people who are either local or trustworthy through escrow at surlyhorns without having to pay the bullshit. 

Would there be season ticket and/or other ticket holders for home games only to do something like this for this season. I know in the best buy coupons board people will occasionally sell tickets, but you have to work everything out and do a lot of legwork to get it done. This could be something where people show up to the surly tailgate pick up their tickets and go on their merry way. Just a random idea I figured I'd gauge in the community.

I think who I'd be happy to buy a ticket from would depend upon their standing in the community.  Seems like a good service for people here to engage in but a pain in the ass for you.  I would probably look here first to partake, but yeah- you seem to be setting yourself up for a hassle potentially... Good idea. Good luck.