SimpliSafe Home Security

Has anyone had experience with the SimpliSafe alarm system?  

I’m needing a relatively short-term alarm system and they appear to be one of the few non-contract based companies.  

Most of their product looks to be DIY install but I think I’m willing to handle and deal with the lower end technology if i can avoid the 3 and 4 year commitment which to be almost standard in the security world now.  

We looked at SimpliSafe and Abode.  We went with Abode because it didn't require monitoring.  If you wanted monitoring, you could subscribe short term (while on vacation).  Works great.  Love it.  The thing I like about it is that is has proximity sensing that detects when both the wife and I have left the property and will turn itself on or off accordingly.  Works with smart phone.  It has worked flawlessly.  $400 or so.

https://goabode.com/

Edited by BottleRocket
  • Like 2

I had it for a couple of rental houses and it was great for that...ie does not need an internet or phone connection for monitoring.  That paid for the deal for me.  Still have it just not using it right now...will retinstall if/when people move out.  

• 8 months later...

Bought a system with the Black Friday discount before Christmas. Wanted a solution that had both the security system and also cameras to check on what was going on in the house when we weren’t home (kid and caregivers). Been pretty happy with it, setup was a breeze and the app is easy. Had an issue with a couple of devices going offline - tech support was a waste but the time tested trick of removing the battery to reboot did the trick both times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/23/2018 at 8:55 AM, beer said:

I had it for a couple of rental houses and it was great for that...ie does not need an internet or phone connection for monitoring.  That paid for the deal for me.  Still have it just not using it right now...will retinstall if/when people move out.  

If it doesn't need internet or phone connection for monitoring, how is it monitored?  Also been looking at options like Simplisafe or Amode, but really don't know squat about either one.  Of course any website will tell you just what you want to hear.