Cop arrested on eight counts of child rape, did other rapes

PilotsError

I only post about one out of every thirty cop rape/assault stories I come across.  Posting all of them would be a full time job.  This is who shows up when you call 911.

An Illinois cop arrested Thursday eight counts of raping a child under 14 with force will likely face more rape charges.

Springfield cop Daniel Cintron, who was already on unpaid suspension for unarmed robbery, assault, and battery, and witness intimidation, was also charged with five counts of indecent assault and battery on a child under 14, and five counts of witness intimidation Thursday — in addition to eight counts of child rape.

Monson Police Chief Stephen Kozloski says Cintron is now being considered a person of interest for similar crimes in Chicopee and a warrant could be executed on him for more rape charges as soon as next week.

Advertisement

Chicopee Police spokesman Officer Mike Wilk confirmed charges are pending against Cintron and said Chicopee will apply for an arrest warrant after their investigation is complete.

Clintron was already suspended from the Springfield Police Department, without pay, after an alleged clash outside the Eastfield Mall between Cintron, his friend and three teenagers.

In 2015, Matthew Mattoon, Cintron's friend, who was also charged in the incident, allegedly punched a 15-year-old after the teen sent Mattoon's sister an inappropriate text.

Court records say Mattoon also took the teen's cell phone.

"You're lucky I didn't let Matt kill you. He's an ex-con, and I would have done nothing about it," Cintron then told the boy, according to police reports.

Cintron, who was dressed in camouflage and armed with a knife, was off-duty at the time.

Cintron appeared in court on Friday after being arrested at his residence hours earlier to be arraigned on 18 criminal counts at Springfield District Court and ordered to be held without bail.

"One victim who is 9 years old disclosed that when she was 6 Daniel Cintron began to touch her in an inappropriate manner," a May 17 police report reads.

A woman appeared in court to seek anti-abuse and stay-away orders on behalf of two minor victims involved in Cintron's case.

Judge John Payne granted the order for a year.

The investigation was led by the Major Crimes Unit under Springfield Capt. Trent Duda.

Ryan Walsh, spokesman for Springfield police, told MassLive the department began investigating "serious allegations" against Cintron last week.

Springfield police applied for the arrest warrant and Monson police arrested Cintron and took him into custody where he was held overnight at the Hampden County House of Correction, according to court records.

On 5/19/2018 at 4:14 PM, PilotsError said:

I only post about one out of every thirty cop rape/assault stories I come across.  Posting all of them would be a full time job.  This is who shows up when you call 911.

An Illinois cop arrested Thursday eight counts of raping a child under 14 with force will likely face more rape charges.

Springfield cop Daniel Cintron, who was already on unpaid suspension for unarmed robbery, assault, and battery, and witness intimidation, was also charged with five counts of indecent assault and battery on a child under 14, and five counts of witness intimidation Thursday — in addition to eight counts of child rape.

Monson Police Chief Stephen Kozloski says Cintron is now being considered a person of interest for similar crimes in Chicopee and a warrant could be executed on him for more rape charges as soon as next week.

Advertisement

Chicopee Police spokesman Officer Mike Wilk confirmed charges are pending against Cintron and said Chicopee will apply for an arrest warrant after their investigation is complete.

Clintron was already suspended from the Springfield Police Department, without pay, after an alleged clash outside the Eastfield Mall between Cintron, his friend and three teenagers.

In 2015, Matthew Mattoon, Cintron's friend, who was also charged in the incident, allegedly punched a 15-year-old after the teen sent Mattoon's sister an inappropriate text.

Court records say Mattoon also took the teen's cell phone.

"You're lucky I didn't let Matt kill you. He's an ex-con, and I would have done nothing about it," Cintron then told the boy, according to police reports.

Cintron, who was dressed in camouflage and armed with a knife, was off-duty at the time.

Cintron appeared in court on Friday after being arrested at his residence hours earlier to be arraigned on 18 criminal counts at Springfield District Court and ordered to be held without bail.

"One victim who is 9 years old disclosed that when she was 6 Daniel Cintron began to touch her in an inappropriate manner," a May 17 police report reads.

A woman appeared in court to seek anti-abuse and stay-away orders on behalf of two minor victims involved in Cintron's case.

Judge John Payne granted the order for a year.

The investigation was led by the Major Crimes Unit under Springfield Capt. Trent Duda.

Ryan Walsh, spokesman for Springfield police, told MassLive the department began investigating "serious allegations" against Cintron last week.

Springfield police applied for the arrest warrant and Monson police arrested Cintron and took him into custody where he was held overnight at the Hampden County House of Correction, according to court records.

Wonder if his wife will still get his Illinois pension,  b/c Illinois. 

On 5/19/2018 at 5:58 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

Just another hero trying to get home to his family that night. 

My gf took her LTC class on Saturday and kept nagging me to go with her, so I finally relented and went.  The class was taught by a cop and he kept stressing how shooting someone and then saying "I feared for my life" was not a valid defense.  I stifled every comment.  He also kept referring to how cops have families and will do everything to go home to them at night, in regards to how gun carriers should interact with law enforcement.  Everyone in the class was nodding.   I just stayed silent but...fuck...there are still so many people who will justify any cop shooting.