John Hinckley Jr. Receiving Unconditional Release on June 15

atomheartbevo

22 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

My dad was a SS agent, not on Reagan's PPD, but he was on PPD for a year each of Carter and Ford, this was back when SS agents were badasses.

Did your Dad keep an Uzi under his suit coat? Because that's the bar you have to reach to qualify as a  badass 70's SS agent.

I was in junior high and remember getting off the bus and trying to convince my dad who was home from work (?) that Reagan had been shot.

It was significant at the time also because it played into “the curse of tippacanoe” where every president elected in a year ending in zero had died during his presidency. Teagan was the first to break the curse since 1800 or so.

12 hours ago, CHEF DIESEL said:

Did your Dad keep an Uzi under his suit coat? Because that's the bar you have to reach to qualify as a  badass 70's SS agent.

Haha he did!  interestingly, as a kid I remember his gun locker and it had an uzi

On 6/2/2022 at 9:04 AM, TwiceHorn said:

Yep.  This seems to be a textbook example of how not guilty by reason of insanity is supposed to work.

Of course, one reason it worked is probably that Hinckley is from a family with means.

Yet Sirhan Sirhan still sits in prison.