Canada Montreal to Halifax by train

pch

We are flying Air Canada (hopefully it takes off and with our luggage) to Montreal on Monday to start a seven day train trip to Halifax followed by a three day excursion to Prince Edward Island.  Any surly suggestions regarding restaurants, sites to see, excursions, etc.?   There are several options offered by the tour company but wanted to get any good suggestions as well as what to skip while traveling.  And by the way, I think getting into Fort Knox would be easier than going to Canada these days-the restrictions and required paperwork are an ass whipping.

I think the Nova Scotia Crystal place on the Harbor in Halifax closed down, but if it has somehow magically reopened, visit there.  It was the only place in Canada doing actual hand-blown crystal work.  I had a great meal at the Bicycle Thief a little farther south along the water.  The views coming down the hill are incredible.

• Hook 'Em 1

In PEI just rent a car and wander. It’s a cool island and fun to explore the red beaches and the Ann of Green Gables and the bridge area. Then eat your weight in PEI mussels at Blue Mussel Cafe and grab some ice cream from Cow’s. 

In Halifax, if you can get out to Peggy’s Cove it’s a cool photo spot and kinda old school fishing village area around it. The Citadel in town and the immigration museum at the pier are very worthwhile. 

Alexander Keith Brewery is damn good. Bicycle Thief is excellent. Edna is great high-end too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

bicycle thief in halifax, as suggested, is a great place.  five fishermen is great upscale seafood.  the canteen is also worth checking out.  for sightseeing i also recommend peggy's cove, lunenburg, and mahone bay.  very picturesque fishing villages.  dont look like they've changed much in 200 years.

• Hook 'Em 1