The Challenge 38- Ride or Dies. Premiers October 12th

shadow_operative

The last two weeks have been a real hit to Wes' gigantic ego.  I don't even know how he can spin that, though I'm sure he will.  Were those two struggling with that math or  was that just how they edited it.  I was doing that shit in my head and feel like I could have answered almost every one of those in about 3 minutes.  

I just rewatched Rivals and Wes had some pretty terrible moments in there.  So in the last 8 days, I've watched Wes do the following things:

Pour 2 liters of Coke on Cara Maria's head for no reason other than he thought she was annoying.  This was early when she was still cute and sweet and it was probably the worst case of bullying in the history of the Challenge.  And that's a pretty high bar.

Had to be literally carried up a mountain by Kenny in the final of Rivals

In an effort to prove he's a mastermind, overthink a daily challenge so badly he guaranteed him and Zara were going into elimination

Failed at simple math and got himself eliminated.  

My opinion of Wes had never been lower than it is right now

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/6/2023 at 9:31 AM, Go Pokes said:

The last two weeks have been a real hit to Wes' gigantic ego.  I don't even know how he can spin that, though I'm sure he will.  Were those two struggling with that math or  was that just how they edited it.  I was doing that shit in my head and feel like I could have answered almost every one of those in about 3 minutes.  

I just rewatched Rivals and Wes had some pretty terrible moments in there.  So in the last 8 days, I've watched Wes do the following things:

Pour 2 liters of Coke on Cara Maria's head for no reason other than he thought she was annoying.  This was early when she was still cute and sweet and it was probably the worst case of bullying in the history of the Challenge.  And that's a pretty high bar.

Had to be literally carried up a mountain by Kenny in the final of Rivals

In an effort to prove he's a mastermind, overthink a daily challenge so badly he guaranteed him and Zara were going into elimination

Failed at simple math and got himself eliminated.  

My opinion of Wes had never been lower than it is right now

Most of the dudes are hypocrites because they have all had at least one shitty season, yet they want to talk shit to another guy so it goes round and round.

Rewatched Rivals II, and like 3-4 times per episode Bananas is talking shit about Jordan.  That he treats women like shit, arrogant, blah blah.  Bro, yall are all the same.  Also skinny Aneesa is still insufferable...hating on Diem...really you can't get along with Diem?

Meanwhile I am bored of this new Challenge show.  Episodes are too short to keep me engaged...I honestly forget to watch it each Wed.  That never happens with the original.

Were we supposed to like Grant?  He seemed like an asshole.

Edited by utxmike05

28 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

Most of the dudes are hypocrites because they have all had at least one shitty season, yet they want to talk shit to another guy so it goes round and round.

Rewatched Rivals II, and like 3-4 times per episode Bananas is talking shit about Jordan.  That he treats women like shit, arrogant, blah blah.  Bro, yall are all the same.  Also skinny Aneesa is still insufferable...hating on Diem...really you can't get along with Diem?

Meanwhile I am bored of this new Challenge show.  Episodes are too short to keep me engaged...I honestly forget to watch it each Wed.  That never happens with the original.

Were we supposed to like Grant?  He seemed like an asshole.

The open bullying and misogamy on those old seasons can be pretty jarring.  Not as jarring as when you see skinny Aneesa though.  I recently watched Challenge UK and Challenge Australia on Paramount + (highly recommend) and Grant was a total asshole.  He seemed like a cool guy the first few episodes of this new season and I thought I was going to like him.  I watched the Challenge Australia right around the time he started getting a little power on this season and damn did my opinion of him do a 180.  Him and that swimmer Emily are just unpleasant people I wouldn't want to spend 5 minutes with.  The fact the Emily is besties with Sarah pretty much says it all.  

On 4/10/2023 at 9:39 AM, Go Pokes said:

Him and that swimmer Emily are just unpleasant people I wouldn't want to spend 5 minutes with.

Started watching Australia and totally ageee with you, particularly Emily. She gives me that entitled Laurel vibe. And watch out for Troy. He’s a beast. Kind of reminds me of Landon. Nice guy, small but good at everything. 

Edited by TonyTexas

15 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Started watching Australia and totally ageee with you, particularly Emily. She gives me that entitled Laurel vibe. And watch out for Troy. He’s a beast. Kind of reminds me of Landon. Nice guy, small but good at everything. 

Don't sleep on Kiki either.  I thought she was all silicone and botox but she's kind of a badass.  What happened last week was not a fluke.   I think her and Troy are going to turn on Emily soon.  Can't wait to watch her stomp around the house calling them traitors when she and Grant were going to do the exact same thing to them once they were no longer of use to them.  

13 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Damn, we needed the double-decker Hall Brawl from last season for this one. 

Badly needed. 

No shit.  This season is slowly losing me.  From the weak eliminations, to the underwhelming international players, to the weird overly happy/motivational TJ.

Just glad Bananas went home.  

6 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

For the love of fuck, can we PLEASE stop with puzzles in elimination? So goddamn stupid. 

lol.  Is today's episode already up?

Seriously they have gotten so puzzle happy over the years. I guess they want to level the playing field for non-athletes....but I come here to watch athletic shit.  

21 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Have a feeling it’s insurance-related. 

Don’t hurry to watch this week’s. 

Good point on insurance.

This is the second elimination where your teammate has to be mounted on something or hold weight while you puzzle shit. 

Seems like these teams that lose choose the wrong person for each task.  Jodi should have been on the bed to call out the puzzle locations...she can talk clearly and isn't as heavy to move.

That week Wes and his girl got lost...why didn't Wes hold the weights...? She was that bad at puzzles I guess.

Danny seems like an idiot...not sure yet.

3 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

Good point on insurance.

This is the second elimination where your teammate has to be mounted on something or hold weight while you puzzle shit. 

Seems like these teams that lose choose the wrong person for each task.  Jodi should have been on the bed to call out the puzzle locations...she can talk clearly and isn't as heavy to move.

That week Wes and his girl got lost...why didn't Wes hold the weights...? She was that bad at puzzles I guess.

Danny seems like an idiot...not sure yet.

As far as Jodi, if they had a communication issue, it would probably be better to have the person with better command of the mutual language to be doing most of the talking.  So yeah, I was surprised to see her doing the cranking.  

Zara has severe dyslexia and numbers are especially problematic for her.  That math was pretty damn easy though.  I'd have still been tempted to have her do her best and just see how long Mr. Perfect could hold that shit up.  It seemed like Wes was way too slow on the math. 

Danny, who has always come off as likeable, seems kind of like an asshole this season.  I think he and Sarah just don't want to be steamrolled by the vets and want to play their own game.  They're on a season where that wasn't necessary due to the teams and partners, so that's kind of dumbass behavior.  They're causing trouble where they don't need to.  It seems more like stubborn ass behavior than dumbass behavior.  Probably due to his working with Sarah.  Just being associated with her makes a player unlikeable.  I want an Emily vs Sarah elimination ASAP.  Can't stand either of them.  

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Daily: cool in theory, less so in execution. 

Pear-shaped: funny. 

Kiki in white leggings: strong. 

Another elimination puzzle: shitty. 

Lol my exact same feelings.  But Kiki in those cut off denim shorts walking into the room with Jordan/Kaz was money too...just need a new face.

I hateeeee these movie promo daily challenges. lol  It's always so cringey because you know the players are told to act excited and happy.  I think last season of Challenge they had a Puss n Boots promo with Antonio Banderas giving a pep talk to them lol.  Weeeeeee so awesome!

The daily was a letdown when they actually explained it.  Jump twice, push button, drive in a straight line. Extreme teamwork required! 

Cyborg TJ still bugs me...clapping and encouraging more than usual.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

Lol my exact same feelings.  But Kiki in those cut off denim shorts walking into the room with Jordan/Kaz was money too...just need a new face.

I hateeeee these movie promo daily challenges. lol  It's always so cringey because you know the players are told to act excited and happy.  I think last season of Challenge they had a Puss n Boots promo with Antonio Banderas giving a pep talk to them lol.  Weeeeeee so awesome!

The daily was a letdown when they actually explained it.  Jump twice, push button, drive in a straight line. Extreme teamwork required! 

Cyborg TJ still bugs me...clapping and encouraging more than usual.

I feel like they dropped the ball by not having them go back and forth between the trucks 3-4 times.

The single jump and drive meant everyone was probably within 4-5 seconds. Make some people miss the jump because they can't do it repetitively, so the ATV driver just has to sit there pissed as the truck starts slowing down.

Fukin Mickey Mouse elimination again.  Swing on a rope like my kid at the indoor playground and solve 2 easy puzzles.  jeeezus. 

Also I want to see Danny do something...dude is annoying af.  

When is the real Challenge coming back?

Just started binging All Stars season 3 because cast looked good.  Never watched season 1 or 2...I did try 1 but didn't like the cast.

Edited by utxmike05
  • Like 1

Binged All Stars 3...pretty solid season.  Girls were kinda weak, but lots of good guy challengers.

The consensus on reddit is also that world champs is the worst of all challenge shows.  I hate the "deliberation" scenes...just another thing that is off. 

I know Darrell is an old school champ, and I am a fan.  But he just can't get through a season anymore.  He reminds me of Corey some...political game isn't great and small group of close friends.  

1 hour ago, utxmike05 said:

Binged All Stars 3...pretty solid season.  Girls were kinda weak, but lots of good guy challengers.

The consensus on reddit is also that world champs is the worst of all challenge shows.  I hate the "deliberation" scenes...just another thing that is off. 

I know Darrell is an old school champ, and I am a fan.  But he just can't get through a season anymore.  He reminds me of Corey some...political game isn't great and small group of close friends.  

Might be an unpopular opinion but Darrell is the most overrated Challenger in history.  I can't even think of a close 2nd.  They talk him up like he's some kind of beast but he won 4 team Challenges in a row back in the day when a hard challenge was playing Twister or some lame shit.  And the prize money was $25 and a free year of BK. 

3 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

Might be an unpopular opinion but Darrell is the most overrated Challenger in history.  I can't even think of a close 2nd.  They talk him up like he's some kind of beast but he won 4 team Challenges in a row back in the day when a hard challenge was playing Twister or some lame shit.  And the prize money was $25 and a free year of BK. 

Yea I agree. I think one of his championships are on a group final. Challengers were definitely carnival game back then. Bobbing for apples for BK. 

Yea I agree. I think one of his championships are on a group final. Challengers were definitely carnival game back then. Bobbing for apples for BK. 

I looked it up and he won the first 4 he competed in. They were teams of 9, 8, 4, and pairs. It gets even less impressive when you dig into each W.
  • Haha 1

I'm enjoying Kaycee more this time.  She's actually showing a little personality.  It probably helps that I love her partner and she isn't spending all her time canoodling with Nany somewhere off camera.  And it really helps that she eliminated the worst person they've cast on this show in years.  Fuck her.  I was laughing and cheering when she was laying on the ground wailing.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Finally a good episode.  Strange strategy to let Theo win the daily...I know Jordan had some talks with Emily/Yes but I didn't really listen.  But I don't see why Jordan/Kaz couldn't just get first....you already knocked Emily out of the final...sooo the same outcome would have happened for elimination.

I was sorta hoping Tori would just say Emily/Yes at the table since they were the last vote.  Good twist from TJ to screw the Aussies.

F Emily...crying????.  They got rolled in hall brawl by people half their size lol.  Love to see it.

1 hour ago, Go Pokes said:

I'm enjoying Kaycee more this time.  She's actually showing a little personality.  It probably helps that I love her partner and she isn't spending all her time canoodling with Nany somewhere off camera.  And it really helps that she eliminated the worst person they've cast on this show in years.  Fuck her.  I was laughing and cheering when she was laying on the ground wailing.  

Except Kaycee's personality is basically another scumbag bro, imo.  Why are all the big brother people so unlikeable?  

I agree on Emily being annoying, but I think she is an interesting add to the show and will definitely be cast for the next round for good reason.  The show needs those types to balance out all the usual cliques, and I bet after a couple more seasons, she chills out and plays a more deft political game. 

She also nearly took down Kaycee twice in hall brawl which is legit.

2 hours ago, Chips O'Toole said:

Except Kaycee's personality is basically another scumbag bro, imo.  Why are all the big brother people so unlikeable?  

I agree on Emily being annoying, but I think she is an interesting add to the show and will definitely be cast for the next round for good reason.  The show needs those types to balance out all the usual cliques, and I bet after a couple more seasons, she chills out and plays a more deft political game. 

She also nearly took down Kaycee twice in hall brawl which is legit.

With all due respect, and not a trace of Derkaism, I actually disagree with every single word you posted.  

I don't think Kaycee is a scumbag bro at all.  She won BB on her likability.  Not all BB players are unlikable, but they sure seem to pick the ones that are.

Emily isn't annoying.  She's fucking awful.  I don't find her to be an interesting add at all and pray she is never invited back.  She sucks at the game and will never not suck at the game because she is incapable of making friends with anyone unless they are also an awful person like Grant or Sarah.  People rightfully hate her.  

Nearly got her ass sent home.  

Other than that, you and I are on the same page.  

2 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

With all due respect, and not a trace of Derkaism, I actually disagree with every single word you posted.  

I don't think Kaycee is a scumbag bro at all.  She won BB on her likability.  Not all BB players are unlikable, but they sure seem to pick the ones that are.

Emily isn't annoying.  She's fucking awful.  I don't find her to be an interesting add at all and pray she is never invited back.  She sucks at the game and will never not suck at the game because she is incapable of making friends with anyone unless they are also an awful person like Grant or Sarah.  People rightfully hate her.  

Nearly got her ass sent home.  

Other than that, you and I are on the same page.  

So you don't like her and she will never get better at the game game, she can't make friends except with awful people, everyone else hates her.  Just keeping score here, it seems like a super unbiased take to me.  I didn't like her or root for her throughout the season, but I do find it kind of interesting that she dragged Yes through a few dailies.  

I couldn't decide who to root for in the elimination, as I don't really care for either of them.  I thought it was impressive that Emily nearly matched Kaycee's strength and was scrappy enough to get a win on her.  I would take Kaycee 10/10 in Hall Brawl against every current female cast member not named Aneesa.

We'll see if she just plain sucks and can never get better at the game.  I mean, there is plenty of historical evidence that difficult personalities can come through this competition, flame out, and come back more polished with a better handle on the game.  Some have learned how to adjust their personality, some haven't.  Sometimes the friendships happen off the show and they come back with a stronger set of allies.  All I was really saying is that despite being on the bottom in the social game, my read on her is that she is too intense and often, those types dial it back after getting some perspective.  

I'm not calling for her to be on the OG seasons, but I'm fine with her being on these McDowell's off-brand seasons which are watered-down but watchable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chips O'Toole said:

So you don't like her and she will never get better at the game game, she can't make friends except with awful people, everyone else hates her.  Just keeping score here, it seems like a super unbiased take to me.  I didn't like her or root for her throughout the season, but I do find it kind of interesting that she dragged Yes through a few dailies.  

I couldn't decide who to root for in the elimination, as I don't really care for either of them.  I thought it was impressive that Emily nearly matched Kaycee's strength and was scrappy enough to get a win on her.  I would take Kaycee 10/10 in Hall Brawl against every current female cast member not named Aneesa.

We'll see if she just plain sucks and can never get better at the game.  I mean, there is plenty of historical evidence that difficult personalities can come through this competition, flame out, and come back more polished with a better handle on the game.  Some have learned how to adjust their personality, some haven't.  Sometimes the friendships happen off the show and they come back with a stronger set of allies.  All I was really saying is that despite being on the bottom in the social game, my read on her is that she is too intense and often, those types dial it back after getting some perspective.  

I'm not calling for her to be on the OG seasons, but I'm fine with her being on these McDowell's off-brand seasons which are watered-down but watchable.

It's possible I'm a bit biased.  But seriously, watching her on Challenge Australia and now this season, I don't think she'll get better.  She dislikes just about everybody and everybody dislikes her.  She takes zero accountability for all of these conflicts she has.  She just blames it on the other person and either forgets the shit she has said or done or she's just a liar.  I don't think she is capable of getting perspective and she isn't good enough at anything outside the water to be able to survive everybody targeting her.  I hope we never see her again and we'll just never know who is correct here.  I wish it would have been Kiki that took her out, but Troy doing it is a nice consolation prize.  She hates those two for literally no reason other than they are both better than her in everything that doesn't involve swimming.  

The fact that the only two people who like her are Grant and Sarah says a lot about her as well.  

Edited by Go Pokes

10 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Can we get a shipment of these for the next final? 

Reveal hidden contents

F74290-D2-357-F-44-AA-A94-B-339-A1-B9-A7

Well, my least-disliked team won, so that’s good. 

Now back to our regularly scheduled MTV shit. 

Careful there.  That's a little spoilery.  Fortunately, I didn't know who your least-disliked team was, but I was able to eliminate one team from consideration.  

Edited by Go Pokes

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Then why in the world would you click this thread before watching? 

Don't type 500 words for your fuckup. Your girl Kaycee chokes. 

I kind of forgot today was the today and I haven't quite got accustomed to it dropping at 2:00 AM instead of being aired at 8 PM.  I'm old and my brain may never 100% adjust to streaming.  So I clicked on the thread to see if anyone was talking about the show and I saw your post.  Then I posted what I thought was a very civil and polite reminder to you to be careful about spoilers and apparently you're really offended by that.  I know there are two Shadow Ops here and I was thinking you were the one that wasn't Derka and would be able to accept this suggestion like an adult.  I'm starting to think I'm wrong on that.  Had I known you were Derka, I wouldn't have said anything since I know you are above reproach and are never in the wrong, no matter how minor the situation is.  

You might as well post the winner for everybody since you've already eliminated two teams from contention now.  

• Haha 1

Derka has exactly zero posts about the World season.
You fucked up by clicking on this thread multiple times today, no one else has bitched. 

Ok Derka. I was just trying to politely point out that not all of us stay up to 3 in the morning to watch this. I should’ve known better.

Pretty happy with that ending. For a season I disliked it would have been a worse ending if a shit team won.

Good to see Jordan back on top. Dude has the best stamina of anyone ever on the series. He has carrier some weak partners in the past and come close. Finally gets a legit partner.  All the other legendary guys have pussed out or gotten hurt in a final. Non stop motor he has  

Hard to not like Kaz. And her Muay Thai IG profile is hot. 

going to be a reunion?? lol

• Like 1