Jump to content

The Challenge 38- Ride or Dies. Premiers October 12th


shadow_operative
 Share

Recommended Posts

it is *insane* how females interpret this nany/turbo thing as if he's being an asshole. nany is knocking over tables and climbing over furniture to make sure that this argument happens. she's bending over backwards to find multiple ways to get offended. in one breath she talks about how he's supposed to be her friend but he's being a bad friend, then in the next breath she says, "i know he doesn't want to go in, he just doesn't want to look weak by saying it out loud." so chasing him around and perpetuating and escalating this regarded argument is your response to that? that's you being a good friend? jesus christ. be more determined to get in a fight why don't you. 

man's then mtv with all of the female talking heads about what a jerk turbo is. spare me. 🤮🤮🤮

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i really don't know what y'all are talking about. take the clip of nany confronting turbo, only replace nany with Zach, and turbo with any girl (let's say Sam), and that shit would have gone viral, with Zach's entire life being canceled. nany started a fight with turbo for no reason, and when he tried to walk away she physically restrained him, told him he was not allowed to leave, told him he had no choice but to stay there and get yelled at, and then just kept ramping it up moment by moment. a man who did the same exact thing would be canceled, and MTV would have to end the show with some disclaimer about how they don't condone violence, replete with a phone number to a hotline for a domestic violence. team Turbo one million percent. i can't imagine watching that episode and taking many's side. that's insanity. 

Edited by shadow_operative
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i mean y'all know nany, right? this is her MO. this is what she does. CT beasts people, camila gets drunk and acts like a psycho, jasmine whores it up, and nany starts and escalates and then perpetuates the most ridiculous fights out of *nothing*. she is insistent on fighting you, and will not let you walk away. she gets louder and louder, more in your face, more aggressive, more physical, and just escalates shit for zero discernible reason. this is who she is, and she's awful for that. it's her most toxic trait by a mile. i generally like nany, but not when she pulls this shit, which she does on every challenge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I think the fact the entire house hated him speaks more volumes than anything else. 

Either way, glad he’s gone. 

well of course they hate him, he's better than all of them at the game, and he doesn't participate in any alliance making, politicking, or friendships. the guy barely even speaks our language, and he's really just there to compete and win. does he have a short temper and get upset over nothing, like a baby? yep. dude is like a five year old in that regard.  but specifically speaking on that last episode, nany was the one who was out of line, and i don't blame turbo at all for being completely over her bullshit. 

Edited by shadow_operative
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

well of course they hate him, he's better than all of them at the game, and he doesn't participate in any alliance making, politicking, or friendships. the guy barely even speaks our language, and he's really just there to compete and win. does he have a short temper and get upset over nothing, like a baby? yep. dude is like a five year old in that regard.  but specifically speaking on that last episode, nany was the one who was out of line, and i don't blame turbo at all for being completely over her bullshit. 

I realize this show type along with BB, Love Island and survivor are your primary source of entertainment, and your memory on mundane shit happening in these shows is easily 1000x mine.   but unless I completely misunderstood the Turbo Nany tiff, my understanding is the ENTIRE argument stemmed from Turbo's straight up refusal to answer 1 simple fucking question: "did you want to be in the arena or not"

He refused to answer that question, and at least from my un-invested eyes, proceeded to speak down to her, dismissed her and told her to stop asking that question.

at least from the edited view he seemed to go full mysogynistic Turkish asshole throughout that entire argument.

and from his history that attitude is fucking dangerous. The reason the whole house hates him isn't just because hes good, hes a raging HR problem, and literally hates women.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I realize this show type along with BB, Love Island and survivor are your primary source of entertainment, and your memory on mundane shit happening in these shows is easily 1000x mine.   but unless I completely misunderstood the Turbo Nany tiff, my understanding is the ENTIRE argument stemmed from Turbo's straight up refusal to answer 1 simple fucking question: "did you want to be in the arena or not"

He refused to answer that question, and at least from my un-invested eyes, proceeded to speak down to her, dismissed her and told her to stop asking that question.

at least from the edited view he seemed to go full mysogynistic Turkish asshole throughout that entire argument.

and from his history that attitude is fucking dangerous. The reason the whole house hates him isn't just because hes good, hes a raging HR problem, and literally hates women.

Turbo did answer the question, but it got lost in translation as his english is still really poor. what he said to nany, when translated to how you or i would speak, was, "if you think i want to go in then come ask me if i want to go in, don't take the word of a bunch of people who aren't your friend like i am." he got pissed off that nany was taking the word of the house, who he sees as his enemies, when he's supposed to be many's good friend. once she started yelling at him he just gave up trying to explain himself and wanted to walk away. 

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

There was a moment where he started backing her down that went over the line. He’s awful to be around and in a game where you live together he was going to go in every time until they got him out. I don’t think it’s good tv either. 

i don't remember this moment (not doubting you), but assuming it did happen then surely it happened after he tried to leave the room and nany physically would not let him leave. yes? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

and FTR i totally get anyone who doesn't like turbo or thinks he's a volatile asshole, because he pretty much is, lol. but in this specific instance i found nany's actions to be more foul or over the line than turbo's. i generally like nany, but her propensity to create drama where there is none really grated on me, and to me this is just the latest instance of that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No shout out to they cyborg Nam? lol 

Poor guy.  Last season he had back issues and left....now his ride or die quit after one challenge.  

Fuk Turbo.  Nany is a drama queen.  They are a shitty combo.

Was interesting to head Tori talk about what happened with Jordan.  I would see her IG over the years and you can def tell she is going through shit by her "motivational / self-reflection" posts and blah blah.  I always figured she broke it off with Jordan....bc she is goofy even when they were together.  I love her though, call me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

No shout out to they cyborg Nam? lol 

Poor guy.  Last season he had back issues and left....now his ride or die quit after one challenge.  

Fuk Turbo.  Nany is a drama queen.  They are a shitty combo.

Was interesting to head Tori talk about what happened with Jordan.  I would see her IG over the years and you can def tell she is going through shit by her "motivational / self-reflection" posts and blah blah.  I always figured she broke it off with Jordan....bc she is goofy even when they were together.  I love her though, call me.

I thought it was pretty clear she messed around with/did Fessy after he eliminated Jordan during Season 36 in iceland (Double Agents). Jordan didn't take that well and dumped her, she went to the Caribbean with Fessy. More sex, she dumps Fessy. Gains more weight. Goes on Spies  Lies & Allies, tries to/does sleeps with Kelz. Gains more weight... and I think that catches us up to now.

 

I'd like to see a healthy Nam for at least a half season just to see how he could do eliminations. He's the Challenge's Zion Williamson at this point.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

timmy and sis are so goddamn stupid. if they save horacio and olivia then that's two stron teams that will have their backs. instead, they saved the weaker team, and pissed off arguabky the strongest team in the house. and that's after *they* approached horacio and olivia to make a deal. idiotas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

So I guess I was only half paying attention, but what exactly were the rules in the elimination challenge? The eventual winners won 3 of the first 4 heats, right? After the dude won the first leg of the 3rd round, was it not over? 

The bottom floor winner unlocked the upper floors door with a 1 second advantage. Then it was same rules as bottom floor. Push the bar into your opponents connor. Olivia beastmoded it 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

that was maybe the best rookie move i've ever seen. she really choreographed a plan that fooled the entire house and that worked to perfection. i thoroughly enjoyed watching that. for once, a rookie is seriously taking part in some game play. well done.

20 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

We never say this, but Nelly didn’t fail. 

  Reveal hidden contents

That was fucking embarrassing, Tiny Dancer. 

Tommy doing the titanic on that wire is the funniest challenge moment since CT whacked Wes in the face with that shoe.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I enjoyed Jordan falling backwards into the correct strategy because his partner is too fat to jump 4'.  Looks like the German's were close on the strategy.  I think the strategy would be to get swinging as much as possible and have your partner jump on you when you are at the crest of your upswing.  It seemed like he was trying to time it so she got to him when he was at the end of his downswing instead of at the very top of it.   Or else she was just terrible at timing a jump.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

everyone loves to talk about the moves they're going to make, but at the end of the day they all puss out. and jay, a "super fan" of the challenge, should easily know better than to just say, "well we did bananas a favor that he didn't even ask for, so now he definitely owes us one and will for sure save us in the future!". idiot. i really hope that bananas personally pulls the safe dagger and then throws in jay and his partner. this move reminds me of when diem put her foot down and insisted on throwing in Mark and Robin instead of Ty and Emily, to the point where CT just caved and said, "fine, do it." just another case of a chick insisting on making a move with no actual reason or rationale behind it. 

also, i find it very easy to root against this pair with the way they handled their interviews. you nominated these people, not the other way around. for you two to sit there and cower, and essentially apologize for nominating everyone, and not flex any muscle or gain any power with your choices- just go home already. 

Edited by shadow_operative
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...