CA Highschool cancels football season after players pretend to hold a "slave auction"

crash_davis

3 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Land doesn't vote. The bulk of the state is not conservative. Those city votes actually count.

That's true, but the way the land is drawn up means a lot of very different populations are lumped together plus all of them have less representation in the Senate.  Compare the size of California to the East Coast and you'll see it's ridiculous California is as big as it is.  It runs from just above the FL/GA border all the way to NYC.  That's 2 Californian senators for an area that gets 18 senators on the East Coast (NY, NJ, PA, DE, VA, MD, NC, SC, GA).

If you suggested turning that East Coast stretch into one state nobody would take you seriously because New Yorkers and Pennsylvanians and Virginians and Georgians are all very different and deserve their own state governments to address their unique needs and Congressional representation and electoral votes.  But on the West Coast nobody bats an eye at the Valley and San Diego and Orange County and the desert and everyone north of Sacramento being forced to do whatever LA and the Bay Area want, despite the fact these are all very different places with different populations and needs just like that East Coast stretch I described.  San Francisco is 300 miles from Bakersfield, which is about the same distance Baltimore is from Raleigh NC.  Bakersfield has absolutely nothing in common with San Francisco yet SF gets to decide all their state laws and statewide elections for them.  Baltimore and Raleigh also have nothing in common, but it doesn't matter because East Coast states don't take up half their seaboard so each area gets their own state governments that best suit their needs.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Northern California seems kinda racist.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/northern-california-football-team-s-season-cancelled-amid-disturbing-racially-charged-chat-allegations/ar-AA12jIvL?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=7a1941b0d210499dbe2b9ac7fd0cc32b

In 2nd grade, my school wanted to raise money by having a slave auction. The next day after I took the flyer home, my mom and aunt were both at the school when the doors opened. I still don't really know what was said, that morning.. But the organizer apologized to the whole class and we had a spaghetti dinner. This was in '80, fwiw.

your post reminded me of this video

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Trojan Man said:

That's true, but the way the land is drawn up means a lot of very different populations are lumped together plus all of them have less representation in the Senate.  Compare the size of California to the East Coast and you'll see it's ridiculous California is as big as it is.  It runs from just above the FL/GA border all the way to NYC.  That's 2 Californian senators for an area that gets 18 senators on the East Coast (NY, NJ, PA, DE, VA, MD, NC, SC, GA).

If you suggested turning that East Coast stretch into one state nobody would take you seriously because New Yorkers and Pennsylvanians and Virginians and Georgians are all very different and deserve their own state governments to address their unique needs and Congressional representation and electoral votes.  But on the West Coast nobody bats an eye at the Valley and San Diego and Orange County and the desert and everyone north of Sacramento being forced to do whatever LA and the Bay Area want, despite the fact these are all very different places with different populations and needs just like that East Coast stretch I described.  San Francisco is 300 miles from Bakersfield, which is about the same distance Baltimore is from Raleigh NC.  Bakersfield has absolutely nothing in common with San Francisco yet SF gets to decide all their state laws and statewide elections for them.  Baltimore and Raleigh also have nothing in common, but it doesn't matter because East Coast states don't take up half their seaboard so each area gets their own state governments that best suit their needs.

Who cares

Shut up

22 hours ago, TankedBevo said:

Man, I went to a racist ass high school and even we didn't have slave auctions. Gyoddamn. 

We didn't do slave auctions at my school either, but we did have all the senior girls line up in bathing suits, press their tits against glass, outline it from the other side, then held a raffle to see who could match the senior to her tits.   At the time it just seemed like good clean fun, but now...well shit it still seems like good clean fun!