Fallout 76

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

We're gonna have a Covid vaccine before we see park loadouts lol. Are they really that complicated?

There's a bit of a lift on it, yes. Then there's how it interacts with all the other systems, like Legendary Perks, and what it does to alts, etc. Then there's the testing and as you have all seen, we're actively using the PTS. Factor that in with continued support for Wastelanders, and it just takes some time for things to get to a good release state. There are other smaller things outside this list as well.

I would invite everyone to signup for the PTS server when we do those invites. It's the best opportunity to get hands on with some of these features and provide feedback.

There's a bit of a lift on it, yes. Then there's how it interacts with all the other systems, like Legendary Perks, and what it does to alts, etc. Then there's the testing and as you have all seen, we're actively using the PTS. Factor that in with continued support for Wastelanders, and it just takes some time for things to get to a good release state. There are other smaller things outside this list as well.
I would invite everyone to signup for the PTS server when we do those invites. It's the best opportunity to get hands on with some of these features and provide feedback.
Sweet! Can you talk any about the legendary perks? Previous speculation was something like 1 every 50 levels?

19 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:
47 minutes ago, LonghornJudas said:

Sweet! Can you talk any about the legendary perks? Previous speculation was something like 1 every 50 levels?

Not yet. We'll have more info on those really soon. That and Public Teams are my current focus.

• Like 1

Patch 19 dropped this afternoon. Get your Fasnacht on and dress up your allies.

On 5/15/2020 at 6:20 PM, MillerEP said:

So Perk Loadouts = respec's right?

2 separate “features”, but I expect them to go hand-in-hand.

Oh, and keep an eye out for PTS news as well.

Edited by LonghornJudas
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, Just a quick update from my end.

PTS went live last Thursday with Legendary Perks and Public Teams primarily. Public Teams has been getting pretty solid and positive feedback, and most of it we were already working on, so we have something good here. The data is showing a lot of people engaging with it even beyond their initial sessions, so again, really positive.

Legendary Perks, however, was on the opposite end. Highly...not positive :), but for good reason. I can't go too much into internal discussion, but I wanted to say that this is why we go to PTS with features, especially ones that have major impact on gameplay. I'm a huge proponent of getting this feedback on a grand level. We certainly received a lot of it and it actually reinforced A LOT of our design assumptions and risks. We've already made a lot of good changes this week, which I think will be in the next rollout of PTS (not today), but there's a lot more to do here and we're actively working to improve it.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, vtaenz said:

Why do I still have trouble moving in doors in Power Armor? It always feels like it freezes and eventually I can move forward, sometimes.

Standard doors are 80 inches tall, while a suit of T-60 powered infantry combat armor can go 84 inches or more depending on the user.  I would contact your local contractor and look at expanding your entryways.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/15/2020 at 9:03 PM, vtaenz said:

Why do I still have trouble moving in doors in Power Armor? It always feels like it freezes and eventually I can move forward, sometimes.

That's odd. Most of the time when moving around in those smaller spaces, you'll see your character rubberband or sometimes skip forward a frame or two, which is sometimes just collision from older objects that have been removed remaining in the world. Does it control lock you for 4-5 seconds and then move or what?

That's odd. Most of the time when moving around in those smaller spaces, you'll see your character rubberband or sometimes skip forward a frame or two, which is sometimes just collision from older objects that have been removed remaining in the world. Does it control lock you for 4-5 seconds and then move or what?
Yes. Sometimes I'll be sitting there holding down W and nothing happens for a good while. Once I'm moving I'm fine but every now and then when I stop I will simple be stuck in place.

Ah, KBM. I'm going to get some investigations going on into KBM after P20 I think. The fact that I can't grab sliders and move them, like the settings menu for example, just bug the ever-living shit out of me. Clicks and highlights are also really janky at times. We need to do better here...

55 minutes ago, LonghornJudas said:

Ah, KBM. I'm going to get some investigations going on into KBM after P20 I think. The fact that I can't grab sliders and move them, like the settings menu for example, just bug the ever-living shit out of me. Clicks and highlights are also really janky at times. We need to do better here...

Also gonna require everyone on this thread to address by my newly obtained title Mistress of Mystery Vtaenz.

k, thx

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, Patch 20 is live today! Public Teams and The Legendary Run highlighting the efforts. Both are really great additions to the game, so check them out and give me some feedback. Also, one issue that will get overlooked is that we separated the Master Volume and Chat Volume sliders, so feel free to play around with that, but don't move your Chat Volume slider below 1/2 way or else you won't hear anything. We discovered the slider goes from 0db to 75db. 30db is a whisper, so... :) We'll fix that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone. We launched a new version of the PTS this week and we’ve got all of the Legendary Perks updates in there. There are 15 new perks, highlighted by legendary SPECIAL perks that allow you to add to your base SPECIAL and put more cards into that attribute. It caps at 15. We also added in Master Infiltrator which will allow you to auto-unlock/hack boxes and terminals. A lot more in there as well. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Great! Started playing again yesterday after a few week break, I am liking the board game thing.

On a related note, my wife is an architect working on a renovation older high school and they came across these in a hidden crawlspace during demo and she got me one.

fa30810ce9de603dada4bdd3f43c24e7.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Fear said:

Great! Started playing again yesterday after a few week break, I am liking the board game thing.

On a related note, my wife is an architect working on a renovation older high school and they came across these in a hidden crawlspace during demo and she got me one.

Holy shit, that's awesome.

The engagement on Public Teams and The Legendary Run have been insane and the feedback has been very positive, so we're glad you're enjoying it.

• 3 weeks later...

I completed the first but of quests. I know I'm way behind.
Gonna start with the settlers and raiders quest lines soon. Yes, I tore apart roper at the end of the quest line and his gang with a man deuce and it was totally worth it.

I wish the M2 had more umph on the sound effect. I always imagined it had a heavy boom to it.

• Hook 'Em 1

The next one will be here before you know it, too, and it’s loaded with stuff. You guys will like it. Be sure to finish up your challenges!
Working on it. Not sure if I'll finish the season before it's over. I'm barely into the wastelanders quests. I've been catching up on a bunch of old stuff. Pioneer scouts for a backpack and other things.

Question though, if I want to go Gatling Gauss, why does everyone take explosive damage increase? Does it have two types of damage associated with it? Is that intended or a bug? Should I anticipate nerfs to the build? I like the M2 but fuck me if I never have ammo.

On 8/5/2020 at 10:42 AM, LonghornJudas said:

The next one will be here before you know it, too, and it’s loaded with stuff. You guys will like it. Be sure to finish up your challenges!

Will there be any catchup or bonus mechanism for the season? I got started pretty late and I'm only at like level 34. Not sure I'll be able to get to 100 in the next 20 days or whatever is left.

Will there be any catchup or bonus mechanism for the season? I got started pretty late and I'm only at like level 34. Not sure I'll be able to get to 100 in the next 20 days or whatever is left.
Also, if you do go the atoms route save them for the end, 150 flat a level but each level by score is progressively higher

21 hours ago, vtaenz said:

We'll probably have a bonus weekend somewhere in there. By the way Patch 22 is now on the PTS now with a whole host of game changes. Some of them may be perceived as nerfs. :)

On 7/10/2020 at 11:45 AM, Dr Fear said:

You going to post the contents of what is inside on here? Or maybe a Reddit thread with it?

On 8/19/2020 at 1:30 PM, vtaenz said:

So when are legendary perks going back to the 5 coin thing we get?

They're not. They'll be the same as regular perks cards. The feedback we got is that people felt obligated to scrap them because they were higher value and they wanted to collect them for full builds.

They're not. They'll be the same as regular perks cards. The feedback we got is that people felt obligated to scrap them because they were higher value and they wanted to collect them for full builds.
I saw the total cost was adjusted again and people seem to be happy.

I've been working my way through the legendary run trying to get far enough until I'll need to spend atom.

I am on the last quest for wastelanders. Going to side with raiders for the vault raid. Sounds like the new daily ops are getting a lot of great feedback on the PTS.

The next season looks great, lot of cool stuff coming.

I need to move my camp but can't seem to find a flat enough area to build what I want to nor do I know if I'll have enough room and budget. I'm envisioning a four wall fort with towers and a central house that is flush with the back wall. Also will have a platform running around the outside walls. I may try it in a bit. If it works out I think I can put that BOS bunker inside the walls once it is released and I unlock it.

Finished the bones of my new camp outside of Watoga. But the mobs in the area and the robots that spawn like to attack it. Also I noticed that food takes up a lot of my camp budget.

Since food takes up so much of our workshop budget, it would be nice to be able to build a "cluster" of food items. Say you spend 4 corn to build a small bundle of corn stalks. It's one graphic/item so as not take up too much of your workshop budget but provides 4 of the resource. You could also offer variations of the graphic, say 2 columns 2 rows, or just 1 row of 4 and if it fit perfectly in the dirt flooring all the better. Would be a nice QOL item if it was doable. 
I would think it would help reduce the amount of stuff that gets loaded in to the game world when someone is nearby since it is one item/graphic instead of 4 individual ones but I'm not sure how all that is handled.

14 hours ago, vtaenz said:

Release date is planned for September 15th. I'm really excited for the Daily Ops and Season 2.

https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article/43yHXVVJpIawuxYldcXIvi/fallout-76-inside-the-vault-season-2-preview-new-s-c-o-r-e-board-rewards-and

Yep, we're on track for that. A lot of really good changes coming 22 and even more in 24. It'll be a good way to end the year.

Question from the crowd, are we going to get some more refined settings for Mic in the future?

I'd like to be able to select what mic is used in game other than having to set my device in windows settings. Also it would be great if I could choose a different output for chat only, but that might be a little bit more difficult to pull off.

Another thing that's kind of weird, it seems like the settings are locked in when you launch the game. I tried changing my output device in windows from my speakers to my headset and it never changed in game. I didn't see a way to change output device in game.

Edited by vtaenz

1 hour ago, vtaenz said:

Question from the crowd, are we going to get some more refined settings for Mic in the future?

I'd like to be able to select what mic is used in game other than having to set my device in windows settings. Also it would be great if I could choose a different output for chat only, but that might be a little bit more difficult to pull off.

Another thing that's kind of weird, it seems like the settings are locked in when you launch the game. I tried changing my output device in windows from my speakers to my headset and it never changed in game. I didn't see a way to change output device in game.

Nothing planned right now. And yes, it basically just looks at your default devices and uses those. If you change mid-game, good luck, sir! I'm trying to get a lot of KBM stuff in before the end of the year, I just don't know if I'll be able to. Patch 24 has a LOT of stuff already.

Saw the road map was slightly updated. Too bad about perk loadouts being bumped to next year.

I've been enjoying the recent patch. Feel free to add me if you want. vtaenz

Are prefab items ever going to be allowed to be placed on foundations? I have a little fort setup but wanted to plop down the BOS bunker in the middle and get rid of what I currently have. Not sure if I'll be able to pull it off.

On 9/17/2020 at 9:55 PM, vtaenz said:

Saw the road map was slightly updated. Too bad about perk loadouts being bumped to next year.

I've been enjoying the recent patch. Feel free to add me if you want. vtaenz

Are prefab items ever going to be allowed to be placed on foundations? I have a little fort setup but wanted to plop down the BOS bunker in the middle and get rid of what I currently have. Not sure if I'll be able to pull it off.

Yeah, I was trying to get it done this year, but it was too much going into the end of the year. This'll give us more time to get it onto PTS and let it soak for a bit.

Don't know on the prefabs part. The I don't interface with the Workshops/CAMP team that much, so I'm not sure on their plans right now.