Sportscars 2024: IMSA Laguna Seca Sunday May 12 @ 2 pm, Saturday April 20, WEC Spa Saturday May 11

elfenix

big sportscar weekend with 2 major races.  first, IMSA is paired up with Indycar at Long Beach for a sprint (still longer than an F1 race), then WEC is at the autodromo enzo e dino ferrari for the 6 hours imola and the debut of the winged 9X8 evo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • elfenix changed the title to Sportscars 2024: IMSA Laguna Seca Sunday May 12 @ 2 pm, Saturday April 20, WEC Spa Saturday May 11
On 3/18/2024 at 5:52 AM, Hawndoh said:

The Ferrari Challenge has been around since the 90s.

All Ferrari race, not the prototypes or anything, just actual Ferraris. Lots of owner-drivers, etc. was originally created to give Ferrari owners a chance to race their cars.

Lamborghini and Porsche have their own similar series. They all fall under the IMSA banner.

Yeah, you wanna see a whole bunch of torn up Ferraris - go to a Ferrari Challenge weekend. Pure carnage.

2 hours ago, wood said:

Yeah, you wanna see a whole bunch of torn up Ferraris - go to a Ferrari Challenge weekend. Pure carnage.

Every time they smash into one another, I just can't help but think of the hundreds of thousands of dollars coming out of private pockets.  They can afford it, I guess, but nevertheless it causes me great pain and consternation on their behalf.

4 hours ago, utee94 said:

Every time they smash into one another, I just can't help but think of the hundreds of thousands of dollars coming out of private pockets.  They can afford it, I guess, but nevertheless it causes me great pain and consternation on their behalf.

Yeah the guys out at Cotton Bowl and Heart of Texas care more about their cars than those dudes do. It's crazy.

Posted (edited)

Damn, that GT America/GT World Challenge lineup for COTA next Saturday though. Drool.

7:00AM GATES OPEN
8:00 - 8:15 AM GT AMERICA POWERED BY AWS QUALIFYING
8:30 - 8:45 AM TC AMERICA POWERED BY SKIP BARBER QUALIFYING
9:00 - 9:35 AM FANATEC GT WORLD CHALLENGE AMERICA POWERED BY AWS QUALIFYING
9:50 -10:05 AM TGRNA GR CUP QUALIFYING
10:20 - 10:35 AM PIRELLI GT4 AMERICA QUALIFYING
10:50 - 11:30 AM TC AMERICA POWERED BY SKIP BARBER RACE 1
11:30 - 12:15 PM PARADE LAPS AND HOT LAPS
11:45 - 12:15 AM PIRELLI GT4 AMERICA AUTOGRAPH SESSION MEDIA CENTER
12:30 - 2:00 PM FANATEC GT WORLD CHALLENGE AMERICA POWERED BY AWS RACE 1
2:25 - 3:10 PM TGRNA GR CUP RACE 1
3:00 - 3:30 PM GT WORLD CHALLENGE AND TC AMERICA AUTOGRAPH SESSION MEDIA CENTER
3:25 - 4:05 PM GT AMERICA POWERED BY AWS RACE 1
4:20 - 4:45 PM GT1 SPORTSCLUB POWERED BY CURBSTONE
5:00 - 8:00 PM PIRELLI GT4 AMERICA RACE 

Edited by wood
  • Like 1

motortrend app was supposed to keep having WEC but i sure as fuck can't find it there.  the races get posted on youtube a week in arrears so fuck paying $20 for max + b/r add on. 

• Hook 'Em 1