cowboys & longhorns: broadband meltdown placeholder

Hagbard Celine

From what i've seen with uverse (legacy not fiber) the NFL Thursday Prime stream is a joke.    I quit trying a month ago.   Crashing every 10 seconds or massive artifcating has been reported nationwide.   The Prime backbone can't push it or the broadband providers can't support it, either way it's just been a total shitshow.   It fries the rest of Prime during that game as well.   It occasionally has some effect that i have seen on the rest of the uverse platform, other streams, regular HD cable, and/or the ota channels.  not total crash, but some artifacting, having to reset the boxes, etc..  (i'm in collinco).

I don't know if the league has allowed OTA/local broadcasts of the Prime stream in other games earlier this season but for tomorrow's Cows/Tits they are showing the Prime stream with Al Michaels on KDFW Fox 4.1 OTA and it's already showing on the uverse guide.  Thank god.  This means the Horns at 8pm stand no chance of getting fucked by the Cowboys here in north texas.

Is the league allowing OTA/Fox(?) broadcasts in austin and san antonio?

the houston market won't have the boys problem.   austin and san antonio?    how many fans in both markets care more about dallas than texas?

so maybe this won't be a problem.  but if i were in austin tomorrow night i would be knowing which of my neighbors has dish or directtv in the event of a meltdown.