You People...written by Jonah Hill/Kenya Barris with Eddie Murphy, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Nia Long, David Duchovny, and Jonah Hill (Netflix)

PenelopeWitherspoon

2 minutes ago, DougO said:

Most people aren't that smart. Those people have money. Marketers know how to sell stupid shit to those people. That's why most everything that comes out is crap, and Hollywood is the champion of that shit.

Pandering to morons has been a good model for them for a while. 

• Like 1

I saw about 20 minutes of this last night in a relatives' living room. I was waiting for the laughs through the cringey dialogue. It had nothing to do with the wokeness or whatever, it just seemed like typical recycled lower level 2010s HBOish series type cartoonish scripting. Jonah looks older than Mulder. God, he looks terrible. Resembles my oldest brother after his  decades of drug abuse. He looks 35 years older than his date, and creepy AF. Why is she into him? 

On the plus side, I thought Eddie seemed to be playing his part well, so it's nice to see him actually acting somewhat. 

Not a fair sample for a legit review, but I don't think it's my kinda thing.