The Omega Man 3 is in the works

GoPokes83

I've commented about this before, but both Omega Man and I am Legend absolutely skewered what was a fantastic story in the novel, by inexplicably changing the ending.  If anyone's interested, I'll spoiler it.

Spoiler

In the book, Neville goes around during the day searching out the infected vampires and killing them, in addition to gathering supplies, etc.  At night, they gather outside his house and call him to come out.  A chick shows up and he invites her into his home, but it's later revealed she's one of the infected who's done a good job disguising it--I don't remember if she was wearing sunscreen or something, I read it years ago--and as a result he's captured. 

He then discovers that the infected are still thinking/feeling people who are starting a new society and they put him on trial and execute him for mass murder.  While awaiting this, he realizes that he will become the "Legend" of the scary stories they tell their children.  He was the 'monster' who broke into their homes during the daylight and slaughtered them.  It's the whole fucking point of I AM LEGEND.  No idea why the makers of both movies chose to change what was an incredible story with a completely unexpected ending.

Edited by Augustus
  • Hook 'Em 1

Actually wikipedia phrased it better than I:

Spoiler

He acknowledges that their desire to kill him, after he has killed so many of their loved ones, is not something he can condemn. As the pills take effect, he is amused by the thought that he will become their new superstition and legend, just as vampires once were to humans.