This team has more heart than.....

JGrayDBU

.....any team in the history of Texas basketball? I'm an old, so I remember the 1977 team, and that team had an extreme amount of heart and chemistry because they didn't have very much talent.   Went 26-5, and won the NIT when the NIT was something. 

From memory, Gary Goodner, Jim Krivacs, Ron Baxter, Tyrone Branyan, Johnny Moore.  I think I just named the starters from that season, and only Ron and Johnny had potential NBA talent.  Honestly, Ron was maybe on the bubble.  

But they worked so hard as a team, and that fabulous defense.  That is the common thing from that team and this team, the great D.  

"Great defense never takes a day off" who said that?  I think it is true.  

That team had something else this team has and that is the ability to play loose, all of the time. 

Btw, did we just win three games in three completely different ways? 

a. tonight, the Willis Reed gameplan 

b. whichever game it was, horrible 3s, but we needed the one we made. 

c. the great three point game.  

Where do we rate defensively among the elite 8?  I would think 1 or 2, but don't have a clue. 

Finally, Fuck Jim Nantz.  Once a Cougar, always a Cougar.  Could not help himself...had to reference the 1991 Cotton Bowl loss to the U. 

It's still too soon.  It will always be too soon. 

Glad the bum is leaving the building. 

Onto Sunday, and once again, the U has so many gameplans to look at they will not have a clue about which one to plan for.  

Hook 'em

• Hook 'Em 3