Shea Serrano's Primo

Baboontyme

Searched, can't believe there's not a thread. I watched the first two episodes last night. I liked it. 

It is a sitcom based roughly on SS's childhood upbringing in San Antonio raised by his mother and 5 or 6 uncles. It's pretty funny and entertaining. I watched it on Amazon Prime through some other app called Freevee. Check it out if you're so inclined. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primo_(TV_series)

• Hook 'Em 2

Just finished the season and was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Solid character-driven sitcom and I was impressed with how all the uncles get their own scenes and episodes, sometimes even without Primo. The 2nd half of the season seemed to get a lot better and funnier. The swap meet scenario was hilarious, the career fair where he meets her dad. Good stuff.

• Like 1

Uncle Rollie: That's why I got a tattoo of Lady Justice

Primo: Is that Halle Berry?

Uncle Rollie: Yeah you see at one time she was married to David Justice

😂

This is a good show. It's not next level humor but the characters are all relatable and funny... And I think Drea is hot. It surprises me that I laugh out loud a couple times per episode for a pretty benign sitcom. 

Finished it last night, little sad to be done with it. I saw a description somewhere that it was the perfect blend of sweet and stupid. I think that's a good summary. It seems like it is getting a lot of love so that probably bodes well for there being a Season 2.