Spurs 2023-24: Let's Put Another Shrimp on the Barbie!

Schulz2.0

So in my procrastination, I decided to see where things stand for Spurs players in the Africa and Asia Cups, and how much longer they might miss.

Asia:
Son - South Korea has played 2 games with a win and a draw. They are very likely going to make it out of their group as they play a bad Malaysia (2 losses) team and with 3rd place teams advancing, they might advance before their next group game (Jan 25), with how 3rd place teams in A-D shake out.

KO rounds in Asia are: Jan 28-31, Feb 2-3, Feb 6-7 and Feb 10 (the final)

Africa:
Sarr - Senegal has already advanced out of their group after 2 games. Their final group game is tomorrow deciding the group winner, but their stay is extended at least 1 more game.

Bissouma - Mali is leading their group and very likely to advance (though not guaranteed). Their final game of the group is against Namibia on the 24th, to miss the KO round they would need to lose and for a lot to happen, they might even secure advancement today or tomorrow if Group A-D teams in 3rd place don't jump them.

KO rounds in Africa are: Jan 27-30, Feb 2-3, Feb 7 and Feb 10-11 (there is a dumb 3rd place game)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Senegal won their group and Mali has advanced due to the fact that they will be one of the top 4 3rd place teams.

South Korea will advance today if there is a winner in Japan-Indonesia.

Japan won 3-1, advancing South Korea to the KO round.

5 hours ago, midtown said:

FYI Joe Lewis pleads guilty in US federal court

Saw that - there isn't expected to be any fallout that affects Spurs. It should be noted that his family trust and not him is what owns Spurs. It's a small distinction, but it is important.

Also in the news - Maddison is back with the club and could potentially play against City on Friday.

image.thumb.png.af4121b87cfccd07e2df38f84b742896.png

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, midtown said:
1 hour ago, kingkoopa6 said:
gonna try and pop into Dakota today. COYS. 

I haven't seen anything from SA Spurs about the match today but if it's on I'll make it. My daughter plays at 5 at Comalander

Admin tweeted about it last night  

IMG_1025.png

Edited by kingkoopa6

2 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Why are all these fools taking the piss with Maddison's celebration?

The last guy that did it, Maddison turned him inside out on the way to assisting for a goal. And that was his friend. Hopefully he treats this fool accordingly.

Edited by TheBryMan81