NHL 2023 Offseason

cactusflinthead

On 9/20/2023 at 10:45 AM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

welp, I was quietly rooting for Monty and the B's but fuck them for making Marchand captain. Hope they have a historically bad season. 

Be honest with yourself, you were never rooting for the Bruins. Marchy deserves the C and you’d love him if he played for Dallas. 

15 hours ago, Vertuzzi said:

Be honest with yourself, you were never rooting for the Bruins. Marchy deserves the C and you’d love him if he played for Dallas. 

Wrong. I like Monty. I'm rooting for him to succeed. If that means the B's are good, fine, but i can't get behind Marchand as captain. But whatever. 

• 3 weeks later...

Rough news on OD. 

Former NHL coach and player Barry Melrose, who has been an Emmy Award-winning hockey analyst for ESPN since 1996, has been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease and is retiring, he announced Tuesday.

"I've had over 50 extraordinary years playing, coaching and analyzing the world's greatest game, hockey. It's now time to hang up my skates and focus on my health, my family, including my supportive wife Cindy, and whatever comes next," Melrose, 67, said in a statement.

"I'm beyond grateful for my hockey career, and to have called ESPN home for almost 30 years. Thanks for the incredible memories and I'll now be cheering for you from the stands."

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/38625766/espn-barry-melrose-retires-parkinson-disease-diagnosis

• Hook 'Em 1