Parents spend $4000 on Consultants to help daughters get into Sororities

crash_davis

1 hour ago, bonnieblue said:

I was in a big 6 sorority at UT in the 00s and that was pretty much all of it. We would get very drunk during deliberations and occasionally randomly elevate or cut a girl based off of completely random criteria (ie. she has a stupid hobby or I don’t like her middle name), but it was never grades. Grades were more of a “oh neat fact” kind of thing.

Shit, someone just sent up the thirst signal.

4e91tq.jpg.e1d3177011137bb9e770bd5b1eec17db.jpg

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, bonnieblue said:

I was in a big 6 sorority at UT in the 00s and that was pretty much all of it. We would get very drunk during deliberations and occasionally randomly elevate or cut a girl based off of completely random criteria (ie. she has a stupid hobby or I don’t like her middle name), but it was never grades. Grades were more of a “oh neat fact” kind of thing.

joey-mattle-blanc.gif

• Haha 1

On 7/27/2023 at 9:50 PM, Not a cat said:

I just assumed sorority rush was some internal super secret ranking scale of hot, daddy's money, and legacy, with different sororities giving different weight to each metric 

It is, but it's important to let them put up a pretense.  Much like frats do menial community service and pretend like it's not just a drinking crew.