Socks & Trolls: The CR Thread

MaybeACoordinator

1 minute ago, slorch said:

I support a limited, defined safety net.  I don’t support paying someone to sit on their ass while thinking of something to draw or paint or be a perpetual student.

Find a vocation to drive your creativity.  A little strife goes a long way on that front as well.

As I stated in my initial comment about the age of post-scarcity, just sitting at home gets fucking boring fast. The desire to not be bored really will be enough to get people to want to go search for their calling and find their passion. I think you may be looking at this through the lens of today instead of how society will change as the need to ensure basic survivability becomes less of a factor in each person's daily life. I'm sure some people need someone barking orders at them from time to time to get things done, others need space and time to open up their mind to expand outward toward the areas of creativity. Some people are morning people, some work better at night. People learn in many different ways. My point is that every person is different and that is something that the age of post-scarcity will be able to accommodate in most if not all aspects of life.

You won't be paying anyone, nor will taxes as taxes won't need to be collected.

Have you ever managed other people?

It’s not a crime if you have not...just trying to gauge your perspective.

Some people need a shit-ton of direction/ barking of orders.

Edited by slorch

5 minutes ago, slorch said:

Have you ever managed other people?

It’s not a crime if you have not...just trying to gauge your perspective.

Some people need a shit-ton of direction/ barking of orders.

I have, when I was in the Army, I was a Squad Leader in Iraq and had 8 soldiers assigned to me once I was promoted to SGT with my first unit. Once I got to my second unit, I was a Section SGT with 6 soldiers. My soldiers were all fairly disciplined and professional as most MI soldiers are.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

As I stated in my initial comment about the age of post-scarcity, just sitting at home gets fucking boring fast. The desire to not be bored really will be enough to get people to want to go search for their calling and find their passion.

If being bored drives people to find their passion, then most people's passion is to masturbate and do drugs.

1 hour ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

I have, when I was in the Army, I was a Squad Leader in Iraq and had 8 soldiers assigned to me once I was promoted to SGT with my first unit. Once I got to my second unit, I was a Section SGT with 6 soldiers. My soldiers were all fairly disciplined and professional as most MI soldiers are.

It's been my experience with regard to military life, corporate life, and for damned sure in the real world, that a significant portion of the population needs a regularly scheduled kick in the ass to get things done.  Self-starters are golden...and few& far in between.

7 minutes ago, slorch said:

It's been my experience with regard to military life, corporate life, and for damned sure in the real world, that a significant portion of the population needs a regularly scheduled kick in the ass to get things done.  Self-starters are golden...and few& far in between.

That may be the case. Though, not everyone will want to live on just what a basic subsistence would allow for, which is where the desire to seek their passion comes in. Undoubtedly, some people will be fine with living off of basic subsistence. I would like to think the ability to pursue any field they choose to would enticing enough to pull everyone through this, but that's doubtful and likely a pipe dream. This is one aspect that I don't think can really be gauged effectively today as there has never been anything like this.

we already have that.

basic living essentials are already available.

If you want more, you work...

Sorry, i just don't buy into more "takers" being sustained by fewer producers.

1 minute ago, slorch said:

we already have that.

basic living essentials are already available.

If you want more, you work...

Sorry, i just don't buy into more "takers" being sustained by fewer producers.

That is where all the industries that can become automated actually becoming automated comes in, of which there are and will be many. Not everything will be able to be automated and performed by machines. Additionally, the current setup of how any basic subsistence is distributed is through the collection of taxes from those who work. In a true age of post-scarcity where there is no shortage of food or resources, the necessity of collecting taxes to fund public works or the military simply won't need to occur. You and I may not see the full effects of this in our life time, but we should see the framing of it at least. It really depends on how fast technology advances and whether or not the right people can be elected to ensure that once industries do become automated, the revenues from them go to the people, not just to individual share holders. Another way to think of it would be instead of you going to a job, (I hate having to use this word for this as it feels like it dumbs-down what I'm saying) you send a robot in your place and it earns a paycheck for you freeing you up to focus on whatever it is you would rather do instead of that job. This example doesn't have to be YOU specifically, as I have no idea what you do for a living. There will still be a stock market and share holders just like there is today. But the workforce will be partially made of non-biologial entities that generate revenue for society and allow society to advance in areas that actually matter, like the sciences, arts, culture.

10 hours ago, slorch said:

I support a limited, defined safety net.  I don’t support paying someone to sit on their ass while thinking of something to draw or paint or be a perpetual student.

Find a vocation to drive your creativity.  A little strife goes a long way on that front as well.

That's what we have right now.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2018 at 4:58 AM, slorch said:

Good point.  'Cept I ain't a Trumper.

I post what i'm gonna say and roll with it.  I enjoy the discussion.   I post to share a POV and respect that of others.

That being said, there is most definitely a "bully" mindset in the political forum. The leftists try to shout down anyone with whom they disagree and then claim they are centrists( self-diagnosed, of course.)  Instead of forming an opposing viewpoint in a post, lazy people just neg.  You and I had our own runaround with that bullshit.   Fuck, just tell me I'm wrong and why you think so.  Why is my conservatism such a threat?   Posters will deny that this environment exists.  The evidence says it does.

I  too, hate the socks.  Always have.  I hate the little fake trolly accounts.  Neggers are in the same boat.  I don't neg first, unless it is a sock or troll.  Whether one agrees or disagrees( many) with me, my shit is out there for all to see.  I treat this place like a bar/ cotton gin/ barber shop/ Dairy Queen where we can have a drink and talk shit and when we walk out the door and see each other out in town, we are neighbors and citizens in the same community.  Maybe that is too tra-la-la, but that's how i view it.  The potshot neggers are people who don't have a take and would get their ass kicked in real life, but they hide behind the anonymity of the web.  I am not crying about neg, but rather answering your question in your post.

I do like it that for the most part we can post our views and roll with it.  Obviously the board is appealing to me, because here I am...but i hope what I described above answers at least part of your question.

Maybe that's a lot of words to say that those missing posters are just pussies...or bad navigators of the internet.

Except you engage in the exact same behavior and act like a petulant bitch 

8 hours ago, Washpark said:

Except you engage in the exact same behavior and act like a petulant bitch 

Yep, because I  don't seek out posts with which I disagree and neg them... like the pussy left contingent.

FTR, all of your negs from me were retaliatory, regardless of post content.  

I'm not petulant.  I just didn't sit there and take it like you thought would happen.  Not my fault you thought this shit was 1 for 1.

Edited by slorch