November 2023 Election - Texas Constiutional Swiss Cheese for Dummies

dcbc

Please vote for Prop 6.  1B isn't near enough but it's a start. 

Leaky pipes cost Texans billions of gallons of lost water a year. Nearly 12% of the total water use in a given year.

The aging infrastructure needs to be addressed quickly. 

That doesn't even begin to include the new water sources, treatment  storage like aquifer recharge

• Hook 'Em 2

Prop 7 is the one I'm not sure how I feel about.  

I'm all for building resilience in the grid but this seems like a hand out to oil and gas.  I know that for the time being they are necessary to help maintain power but I don't like how this one smells.  

I'll have to do some more digging.

• Hook 'Em 1

I think I will vote against almost all of the Props.  Yes to Props 9 and 11.  

In general, I don't like the fund creation of some of these Props.  If the Legislature wants to fund spending, then let's fund spending.  I don't see the upside of creating these funds and then empower small Boards to direct the spending.  It seems like less oversight than just having the Legislature be responsible for it.

Prop 7 is trash.  I'm in industry and it is a $5 billion dollar subsidy to thermal generation developers.  Very little is understood in terms of how this plan will integrate into the broader ERCOT market framework.  Anybody who votes yes for this and expects to get a good ROI on the investment, doesn't understand the situation.

Many of the other Props appear to be carve outs around the primary tax system of property tax.  If property tax has so many negative impacts, let's reform the property tax system.  Not create carve outs for this industry and that industry. 

• Hook 'Em 2