Lukas Nelson Appreciation Thread

immamac

Went to his show last night at ACL Live (Moody Theater) it was awesome. He took no breaks between songs and just straight up played music for 105 minutes save for maybe 5 minutes including the encore theatrics. What a show this guy puts on and his music is pretty damned good. 

He plays like he actually enjoys the music it's very refreshing. 

Also I'm pretty sure I saw Gabbie Carter there. 

My first experience with Lukas was several years ago when my dad took my brother and me to a Willie concert, and Lukas opened for Willie. To this point Dad hadn’t seen Willie live, and I had no idea who Lukas was. 
After the show my brother and I both commented that we enjoyed Lukas far more than Willie. My dad stopped walking, informed us that our sister would inherit everything and that we were no longer welcome for Christmas. 

• 3 months later...

Your dad was right.

That said I saw Lukas at Stubbs in 2011 and again at Antones soon after. He’s more refined now but I’ve dug him since the first time I heard this

Talked to him for a bit after that Stubbs show. Cool dude.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

You can tell he truly sings from the heart on the song about being a woman scraping by, living in a shelter, having a man who she has hope for a future with but who does nothing but drink, and so she tells him to drive his ass on outta town.

I do like "Find Yourself," though.