Hotel AC/ heater control

There are various videos on youtube and reddit for hacks related to motion detectors/ minimum/ maximum settings/ etc/ etc.  What say you on "adjusting the settings on your hotel room temp control?

I say i am paying for the %^&%#$ room, I ought to be able to make it comfortable.  It sucks waking up in a pool of sweat because you didn't sleepwalk enough to kick on the infrared sensor on the AC.  It's bullshit, IMO.

Not only this, but they severely limit how much you can open the windows to let cool air in in the wintertime.

Is it wrong to reprogram the settings?  Set me straight on not feeling guilty.

5 hours ago, slorch said:

There are various videos on youtube and reddit for hacks related to motion detectors/ minimum/ maximum settings/ etc/ etc.  What say you on "adjusting the settings on your hotel room temp control?

I say i am paying for the %^&%#$ room, I ought to be able to make it comfortable.  It sucks waking up in a pool of sweat because you didn't sleepwalk enough to kick on the infrared sensor on the AC.  It's bullshit, IMO.

Not only this, but they severely limit how much you can open the windows to let cool air in in the wintertime.

Is it wrong to reprogram the settings?  Set me straight on not feeling guilty.

Stop visiting Lubbock would be my advice. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Native Horn said:

I do this all the time, especially in Vegas in the summer.  No guilt at all, they're getting enough of my $ anyway.

This is the way and proper attitude. Either set it yourself or call the front desk and don't take no for an answer.

Edited by sith_horn