2023 TDAY/XMAS/NY Holiday Menus and Food Prons

Anastasis

dc87c79eba5adf6472900a69ee87a20f.jpg
BIL came correct with a badass pot of collards on thanksgiving.  Smoked turkey necks and some sort of hog in there.

This is how traditions are born. He is now required to bring them every year. Awesome addition to our spread.

It appears the BIL has not only nailed the greens but also the pot likker. And the proper accoutrement: pepper vinegar.

A house truly blessed; you have much to be thankful for. I hope you have correctly unsweetened cornbread and green onions as well.

When I was in college lots of joints had poorass student meals. It was Memphis where almost everyone was poorass. For 50 cents at a nearby fancy steakhouse I could get a huge bowl of greens loaded with pork, a cornbread basket, butter, green onions and sweet tea. Ate there at least once a week.
  • Like 1

I like a wide variety of cornbread. My wife is more dogmatic liking it unsweetened. (If you use a mix the Martha White Cotton Country has practically none) I like unsweet for dressing, with greens and beans, etc. with chili I like it sweet with jalapeños. My mom made a corn light bread that was awesome and I can’t find the recipe. I like corn sticks and muffins. I also make these cornbread jalapeño cheddar pancakes I like with pork barbecue or fried chicken.

• Like 1