2024 ATP/WTA thread

shadow_operative2.0

Posted (edited)

Tommy Paul🇺🇸 coming back from 0-4 in the 2nd set to being back on serve at 4-5 as Medvedev🇷🇺 served for the 2nd set. 

That two first named white boy has crazy cat-like 🐈 reflexes.

UPDATE: Paul is now down 0-30. Shite!

UPDATE #2: Paul reels off 4 straight points, it is now 5-5.

Edited by Napoleon

3 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Paul folded in that 3rd set. Final match score looks like a WTA special

In the 2nd set tie-breaker he jumped and spun to hit the ball at about 3-2 and lost the point and twisted an ankle. (Maybe at 2-2.)

He was having some issues with it and I think that it is the main reason that his form dipped in the tie-breaker, because he wasn’t as quick around the court. 

Then he had his ankle taped after her lost the 2nd set and he wasn’t the same in the 3rd set. From his serve to his anticipation to his ability to endure 20+ hit rallies. He was missing something after her hurt his ankle. 

It was crazy how quickly he anticipated things in the first set and the. In the second when he was coming back from being down 0-4. But he couldn’t do that in the 3rd. 

I doubt that he’ll skip Miami, but it would be great if he could rest the ankle a week, but he will only get two to three days at most. And that’s after flying cross country when his ankle needs to be in a compression chamber… and a plane is basically the opposite of that. 

9 hours ago, Napoleon said:

In the 2nd set tie-breaker he jumped and spun to hit the ball at about 3-2 and lost the point and twisted an ankle. (Maybe at 2-2.)

He was having some issues with it and I think that it is the main reason that his form dipped in the tie-breaker, because he wasn’t as quick around the court. 

Then he had his ankle taped after her lost the 2nd set and he wasn’t the same in the 3rd set. From his serve to his anticipation to his ability to endure 20+ hit rallies. He was missing something after her hurt his ankle. 

It was crazy how quickly he anticipated things in the first set and the. In the second when he was coming back from being down 0-4. But he couldn’t do that in the 3rd. 

I doubt that he’ll skip Miami, but it would be great if he could rest the ankle a week, but he will only get two to three days at most. And that’s after flying cross country when his ankle needs to be in a compression chamber… and a plane is basically the opposite of that. 

Yeah the replay they showed of his ankle buckling looked nasty, and I'm surprised he was able to walk afterwards let alone run around. Even if his ankle was fine, it takes a while mentally to believe you can truly trust that ankle again after a scary ankle twist like that

19 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Aryna may not make that match now. 

image.png.ad563f8a7c33c76ba2895233dd7d5d7a.png

Koltsov was in Florida supporting Sabalenka ahead of the upcoming Miami Open. 

Despite Kolstov's shock passing, the two-time Australian Open champion still intends to play the tournament in the Sunshine State, where she is seeded second, according to the Tennis Channel. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-13215259/Aryna-Sabalenkas-boyfriend-Konstantin-Koltsov-died-suicide.html

Normally "Jumped from a balcony" means that Putin had the guy thrown off a balcony. Don't know if this guy was a critic of the Belarusian president sucking Putin's mini-pecker, but in this case...

If Sabalenka "still intends to play the tournament", then I'm guessing that she broke up with him. Either that, or his brain is mush from CTE and he came to say "Goodbye" to Sabalenka before jumping.

PS- She looks smoking hot in the photo above.

Saw that Venus lost in straight sets after accepting yet another Wild Card invite that could have gone to some promising up-and-coming American.

Screenshot2024-03-19at3_04_26PM.png.cf0e5e519c9df202970c521ed6313653.png

Venus has no shame.

And after seeing this...

Screenshot2024-03-19at2_56_42PM.png.9c1050df6afe28e4d529260a6996cf55.png

And then this...

Screenshot2024-03-19at2_57_39PM.thumb.png.83b60ed1d258571fc79da8b9eaf2b161.png

I thought... "I'll give Emma some lower back pain."

Also, didn't realize that Raducanu had fallen to ...

Screenshot2024-03-19at3_02_16PM.png.93ff8bf4658ab504f293d809e6358e84.png

20 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Saw that Venus lost in straight sets after accepting yet another Wild Card invite that could have gone to some promising up-and-coming American.

Screenshot2024-03-19at3_04_26PM.png.cf0e5e519c9df202970c521ed6313653.png

Venus has no shame.

And after seeing this...

Screenshot2024-03-19at2_56_42PM.png.9c1050df6afe28e4d529260a6996cf55.png

And then this...

Screenshot2024-03-19at2_57_39PM.thumb.png.83b60ed1d258571fc79da8b9eaf2b161.png

I thought... "I'll give Emma some lower back pain."

Also, didn't realize that Raducanu had fallen to ...

Screenshot2024-03-19at3_02_16PM.png.93ff8bf4658ab504f293d809e6358e84.png

The promoters want to put butts in seats, that's the draw.  "Hey, let's go see one of the Williams sisters before they both retire."  The promising Americans can fight it out in the challengers. 

These are observations, not my personal opinions.  If it were up to me there would be LTA (Lingerie Tennis Association, not Lawn Tennis Association) and I would pick the 64 draw myself.

• Drool 1

13 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Don’t think Paula will ever be right again.

Still not convinced Aryna plays Thursday, but she’ll either demolish Simona in about 50 minutes, or break down crying in like the 5th game. 

DId Badosa have surgery or something?

She was out for a while and then played the mixed doubles exhibition before Indian Wells before promptly pulling out of the main draw.