2024 Drunk Thread

Mrs Whiggins

Cleaned out the fridge tonight so a little of this and a little of that and thus dirty Gibsons which go with pretty much errything. Gin was Eden Mill Original Scottish Gin. Two in and Wednesday is almost the weekend.

image.png.29a5ce8831ecb3938118f50d8d479e84.png

• Hook 'Em 1

Had some leftover salmon from another meal so tonight while cooking made a tequila sunrise while making salmon cakes with a dijon mustard sauce, salad, and a mashed carrots. Since the sauce uses white wine, well you know once you've opened the bottle then you've got to finish it off. Nice meal and we are full and feisty.

• Drool 1

Fucking hell. Spouse made Cosmopolitans during dinner prep and then finished with a Pegu Club and I am tipsy. But its Friday so whoooo. Oh, and using the Tanqueray Seville Orange Gin in a Pegu Club is not a bad way to construct the cocktail. But after the Cosmos can't say that my judgement is legit.

• Hook 'Em 3

20 hours ago, Hate said:

I guess most of Surly is already passed out?  I'm getting a little drunk tonight!

Not passed out as much as TMI.

But tonight is one martini followed by some bubbly because we were celebrating and gosh darn it, it's good to be married for a long long time. Nice to have some memories that go back decades. Cheers!

• Hook 'Em 1

Two cocktails on tap for this evening. The first is an Aviation (gin, elderflower liqueur, lemon, and topped with club soda) because I feel rather light while the second is a Spring Collins (gin, lemon, creme de violette, cherry liqueur) because last week was Dame Joan Collins' 91st birthday and she has a great quote:

Even when you win the rat race, you're still a rat...