All On Four Teeth removal/replacement

My brother in law is about 55 years old. He's had several sports injuries over the course of his life that lead to loose teeth and about two years ago he was playing basketball he got elbowed in the mouth so hard by a former NFL TE and, in his words, "I saw stars."  It wasn't deliberate. It was a bloody mess. He lost a canine right then and now some of his other teeth are failing. He's considering doing what they all All on Four, where they replace all of the teeth in his upper jaw by taking out those he has remaining and, screwing in four screws into his upper jaw (sounds horrible, doesn't it?), then screwing a whole new set of teeth in.  I believe this is what Clear Choice does, but he's read some online horror stories about that place. Do any of you know anybody who's had this done? And does anybody know of a good surgeon in the Austin/Dallas/Houston area that can do a good job?

I'm in Austin - PM me. Clear Choice and some others always want to extract all the teeth and do all-on-four but sometimes (probably most times) it is better to only replace the bad teeth. It is always possible to do all-on-four later if the problems continue.

If he wants implants sooner is much better than later. They need decent bone to place the anchors and bone disappears quickly after extraction. Also, implants are better than the pink goo alternative.

Yeah, the sooner rather than later sounds right.  I've got a double bridge due to some amazingly crazy  shit my teeth were doing in my younger years (permanent tooth shooting horizontally across the roots of two other teeth) and now one of the "foundation" teeth needed a root canal.  When I asked the dentist if I'm going to need a couple of implants eventually, he said that might be a challenge because the bone has receded over the area of the bridge.

Since your brother in law is 55, he might want to look for the package senior deal where you get dental implants, prostate TURP surgery, a free stent, and one free lumbar discectomy if you promise to stick with Spectrum for at least three years. 

Plus:

james-bond-jaws.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Yeah, the sooner rather than later sounds right.  I've got a double bridge due to some amazingly crazy  shit my teeth were doing in my younger years (permanent tooth shooting horizontally across the roots of two other teeth) and now one of the "foundation" teeth needed a root canal.  When I asked the dentist if I'm going to need a couple of implants eventually, he said that might be a challenge because the bone has receded over the area of the bridge.

Since your brother in law is 55, he might want to look for the package senior deal where you get dental implants, prostate TURP surgery, a free stent, and one free lumbar discectomy if you promise to stick with Spectrum for at least three years. 

Plus:

james-bond-jaws.gif

In many cases, single implants can't be placed because of low sinuses or proximity to a nerve or lack of bone. With all on 4 some of those issues can be solved because the back implants are placed at an angle and often more towards the front of the mouth. Each situation is different and is best tailored to the individual patient. Unfortunately, some of the implant chains always decide that all the teeth need to be extracted and replaced with an all on 4 solution at a cost of $20-$25K per arch.