Indoor/outdoor wireless speaker system

Basically looking for Sonos that works inside and outside. Nothing fancy, this is a beach house, but it would be nice to have Sonos functionality and ease of use for playing music in different zones, but they don't have outdoor speakers.

Any suggestions for other options that are wireless based, not Bluetooth?

I have a sonos PLAY that I hook up to amps/speakers.  I use one amp (bridged) to drive two all weather subs and another to drive the higher sounds. Then when you come inside from the pool for a beer the same music is playing and you dont get all pissy that you cant hear Zeppelin anymore. 

I have a pretty rudimentary set up using Bluetooth speakers and Amazon Alexa. Now that it allows for multi speaker playing we have it going outside by the pool on some outdoor speakers and inside for when you need to get a drink or something like that.

I don’t typically have any audiophiles over so quality isn’t much of an issue for now.

10 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

This may be exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks.

6 hours ago, beer said:

I have a sonos PLAY that I hook up to amps/speakers.  I use one amp (bridged) to drive two all weather subs and another to drive the higher sounds. Then when you come inside from the pool for a beer the same music is playing and you dont get all pissy that you cant hear Zeppelin anymore. 

I'll look into this as well.

Thanks!

Thoughts on this setup? Not looking for surround sound/movie watching type theater quality. Mostly just easy to connect and ability to listen to various things in different rooms.

LR - Sonos Playbar or Beam for TV and Music

Upstairs BR - Sonos Beam for TV/Music

Outside - Sonos CONNECT:AMP Streaming Hi-Fi Player (White) with Klipsch AW-650 6.5" Reference Series Outdoor Loudspeaker

I'm guessing that all of those would be able to play independently, e.g., someone watching TV in the Living Room can watch and have sound and someone could be watching TV upstairs on a different channel, and someone else could be outside listening to music.

Not familiar with Sonos, so just checking it can handle several different zones like that before I purchase.

Thanks

17 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

Thoughts on this setup? Not looking for surround sound/movie watching type theater quality. Mostly just easy to connect and ability to listen to various things in different rooms.

Outside - Sonos CONNECT:AMP Streaming Hi-Fi Player (White) with Klipsch AW-650 6.5" Reference Series Outdoor Loudspeaker

I'm guessing that all of those would be able to play independently, e.g., someone watching TV in the Living Room can watch and have sound and someone could be watching TV upstairs on a different channel, and someone else could be outside listening to music.

Not familiar with Sonos, so just checking it can handle several different zones like that before I purchase.

Thanks

Pretty sure that would work, and you can listen to 3 different streams or any combination thereof.  Sonos now has Airplay 2 if you are using an Apple product as your source.

Edited by Noah Fence

20 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

Thanks

For the LR, the PlayBase has WAY better low end response than the Playbar.  Haven't been able to hear the Beam yet.

I use a Connect:Amp with a pair of Polk outdoor speakers on my patio; totally happy with that decision.

For the LR, the PlayBase has WAY better low end response than the Playbar.  Haven't been able to hear the Beam yet.
I use a Connect:Amp with a pair of Polk outdoor speakers on my patio; totally happy with that decision.

I’m thinking about something similar for a patio. How are you setup? Is the connect outside with the speakers or is it inside and you ran wire out for the Polks?

34 minutes ago, Godzillatron said:

I’m thinking about something similar for a patio. How are you setup? Is the connect outside with the speakers or is it inside and you ran wire out for the Polks?

My Connect:Amp is in a closet with my network gear (I run a full UniFi setup in my house, rooms wired for Cat6-A), and I ran the speaker wire through the attic out to the eaves.  I wouldn't put the amp outside; it's not even remotely weather resistant.