2024 MotoGP

texasdago

Am I blind?  I haven't seen this topic so here we go...

Not thrilled to see Marquez take out Bagnaia in the last race.  Can't say I've ever gotten over MM and VR going at it.

BUT...

What do y'all think of this?

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/f1-owner-liberty-media-set-to-finalise-purchase-of-motogp/10592487/

Personally not a fan of Dorna so maybe this isn't all that bad although I hope Liberty doesn't screw it up.  At the same time, at least there's a better chance I'll be able to see more MotoGP races on TV.  Last year's deal with NBCU sucked.  Maybe the new rights with TNT are better.

• Hook 'Em 1

It's nice to have live races available both for the Saturday sprint and Sunday full race this season... if you don't mind the early European start times. TrueTV. 

Intriguing season so far with Martin, FBAG, and MM, etc. all in the hunt. Have to think MM is the favorite for Austin in a couple of weeks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Just started watching FP1. Looks like none of us are out there, wow. I've never seen Friday this bad for MotoGP. 

Two minutes into practice and the main topic is already the racing surface. At least 5 different surfaces, multiple grip levels. the usual ripples and bumps, and according to NASCAR drivers it'll need resurfacing again before F1, etc. Don't hold your breath for that one.

Edited by wood

Haha

The drunk guys sitting behind us when he crashed: "fucking about time, he deserved it" etc.

Hispanic guys next to me turned around and shot him a look that said  "if we were in Juarez you'd be hanging from a bridge"

What a great time. Race was great, vip had all you could eat and drink, serious talent all over the place, Texan cheerleaders walking around.

Only downside was we really could only see the main strait and turn 1. I've sat at turn 12 and the S's for other races, I think I like turn 12 the best, but being able to go sit in air conditioning and watch the race on a big screen was pretty cool.

1. These guys are nuts

2. The suits they wear are amazing

3. These guys are tough at hell. Crazy how they are jumping up to get back on the bike when they wreck.

• Hook 'Em 1

Great, great race, but unfortunately not many people there to see it. Maybe 20,000 or so today. Saturday was smaller, and Friday was deserted. Sad, for such a great world championship racing series.

Crowds seem to be getting worse and worse here year after year. Anyone know what they've been like at the other stops this season?

And fuck 'Human Bowling Ball' Marquez. He's like a NASCAR driver, but on two wheels.