24 in 24: Last Chef Standing

This show fucks.  Maybe it's because of the newness and novelty but it seems far more entertaining than Top Chef Laverne and Shirley.  One episode in, initial thoughts:

Love the hosts.  Choi and Simon play well off each other and aren't try hards.

Chef roster is decent.  Marcel, Faulkner, Viet

I'm rooting for anyone but Carlos Anthony.

Love the twists and turns

Elimination spoiler*****************************

Not sure why Fuck face Faulkner was all bent out of shape.  She put guac on a meatball.  Other dude's meatball looked much better.

Damn shame Viet ran into Marcel.

Lady that made the turkey dirty rice?  Say what.

Jet is likable, but idk a bit cocky.  "you're my friend, but I'm judging off one bit, no feelings."

Posted (edited)

This is a fun show.  Everyone is getting more and more ridiculous every episode as fatigue sets in.

Carlos Anthony - SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP.

Chris Oh looks like he is dying in real time.  Struggle bus.

I felt so bad for Jet - hey, come judge this first episode.  And eliminate 12 people. Thanks! 

Also every college kid who participated in Dance Marathon and didn't get to sit down for 24 hours know what this is like. At least the chefs get to sit down/lay down in between rounds. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

I’m still hoping for Carlos Anthony to drown in a pot of broth while he irritates to his last breath. He is another Brian mularkey and FN wants to make him a star. He’s awful. I’d want to make time with Mika in back in the break room.

I’m a big marcel fan. I thought he got fucked on Top Chef and think he has matured nicely and he’s evolved from his molecular gastronomy Wylie Duchaine rate. Hope he hangs tough.

I like this show and only wish there was blind judging. All the chefs and judges know each other well.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

I’m a big marcel fan. I thought he got fucked on Top Chef and think he has matured nicely

He definitely gave me “I was just like Carlos before I matured” vibes in his confessional when he mentioned he matured a lot with age. There’s hope for Carlos…or he’ll just be Malarkey 2.0, dressing like Gen Z and annoying everyone to death. 

Im rooting for Marcel. 

I thought the last episode with the smoothie challenge and betting points was fun. Not many risks taken though. Pussies 

• Hook 'Em 1

I liked the smoothie challenge but I thought the rules were too tough, that it was too late when they had real tired head for the maths, and they didn’t trust their palettes at that point. Would you have discerned almond milk? And because of the previous contest, the points earned didn’t really served the leaders to risk it.

The show is essentially a multi episode pilot. I’m sure it will be improved a bit for the next one. It’s such a cheap show to produce as they get one season from a couple days preproduction and a full day of shooting so surely we get a renewal. I think it’s a clever show.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

I liked the smoothie challenge but I thought the rules were too tough, that it was too late when they had real tired head for the maths, and they didn’t trust their palettes at that point. Would you have discerned almond milk? And because of the previous contest, the points earned didn’t really served the leaders to risk it.

The show is essentially a multi episode pilot. I’m sure it will be improved a bit for the next one. It’s such a cheap show to produce as they get one season from a couple days preproduction and a full day of shooting so surely we get a renewal. I think it’s a clever show.

It was renewed for season 2. I'm excited about that. 

And yes, I drink almond milk daily. I know the difference between that and regular milk.  I do agree they were way too tired at that point, because he guessed dates before peanut butter?? Peanut butter is a pretty familiar flavor in a smoothie.  

It was renewed for season 2. I'm excited about that. 
And yes, I drink almond milk daily. I know the difference between that and regular milk.  I do agree they were way too tired at that point, because he guessed dates before peanut butter?? Peanut butter is a pretty familiar flavor in a smoothie.  

I thought that discerning the type milk on a smoothie with chocolate, peanut butter, and banana would be challenging.

Posted (edited)

I remember Marcel from Top Chef.  Total douche, but uber talented.  Alot of my thoughts were "hope this clown loses...oh fuck how did he think of that ."  I rooted for him towards the end as everyone turned against him.  I did think he lost the finale to Ilan.

Anyone hoping to catch a glimpse of Esther's nips?

I'm on episode 4 with the Volt brothers.  This is madness.

These guys are delirious already.  Anthony and Chris O especially

Edited by closetohumping

On 5/8/2024 at 11:24 PM, Texzilla588 said:

Wait til they give Anthony the triple meth gummy…

I’m assuming he’s helping himself between rounds 

true romance smile GIF