Survivor: David vs. Goliath

Chuckie Finster

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Was Kelly the one that originally showed up with her father in Blood v Water?

New format seems stupid.

Btw, Nick's edit got a lot more positive at the end.  To me, he kind of came across as a smarmy lawyer at first.  By the finale, I really liked him.

This right here.  Seems like a good dude.

2 hours ago, idigTexas said:

I still don't get Nick's determination to get rid of Alison.  If she had a better resume than Mike, it wasn't shown at all.  That seemed like a butt hurt move, not strategery.  For me, that was a mistake, and one reason I thought Mike should have won.  It's very telling that the last three members of the jury all voted for Mike.  His game was sneaky good, but wasn't really obvious until the end, when you could look at the entire body of work.  If nick had gone along with the plan to vote out Mike, he likely wins unanimously. 

I was surprised that there wasn't any protest from Mike and Nick when Denial went on and on about how she found the idol.  It's nice that she can pretend to laugh at herself, but I don't think anyone is buying it.

That was a good season.    

Here's her post show interview with EW.com

She still doesn't get it even after the fact-

So you were rooting for Mike to beat Kara at the fire making then?

I helped Mike practice his fire that day! So, first of all, on Jabeni, I was the primary fire-maker. And then on the merge tribe after Carl left, I was the primary fire-maker. And I actually was extremely close to declining Nick’s offer to take me to the final three and putting myself to fire. And let me explain why.

I think that with the new fire twist, whoever’s taken to the final, you are automatically put into a weak position, where you’re viewed differently. And that’s not what you want your perception to be when you’re going to the end, because regardless of what you’ve done before, it just puts a cloud over you. And Dalton, I was literally so close to just being like, “Thank you, Nick. I appreciate that so much. But, Jeff, I haven’t won an immunity yet. I really want to spend my time in the fire and I want to earn way to the end.”

And so, that was one of the things at the end that I almost regret not doing it, because then I obviously was willing to throw my hat in the ring with other moves. And so, if I were to do it again, I would’ve done that. And it may not have swayed the votes for the million, but I just would’ve felt more satisfied, I think, in getting to the end on my own.

https://ew.com/tv/2018/12/20/survivor-david-vs-goliath-angelina-keeley-finale/

Was Kelly the one that originally showed up with her father in Blood v Water?
New format seems stupid.
Btw, Nick's edit got a lot more positive at the end.  To me, he kind of came across as a smarmy lawyer at first.  By the finale, I really liked him.

A few weeks ago someone here put Nick on their list of possible finalists and predicted that he would kill it in the jury segment. I thought he did exactly that and showed a lot of poise. I really thought he left a lot in the tank when the Q&A was over.

7 hours ago, Lat22 said:

Turned out to be a pretty damn good season. I want updates on Gabby and Christian. There’s no way those two shouldn’t be together, although she got a little too Helen Reddy during the final tribal council.  

And dump that smokeshow of a girlfriend of his?  Not happening.  

On 12/20/2018 at 1:08 PM, DanRydell said:

Her problem was not that she was strong or opinionated or cunning

You misspelled it. 😉 (Sorry, Gabby.)

Yeah, Angelina is a reality show All-Timer in terms of lack of self awareness, both during the game and after. 

As noted above, I agree Nick absolutely killed it during the jury Q&A, one of the best jobs ever. Pretty satisfying season, ok with the winner.