Survivor: David vs. Goliath

Chuckie Finster

2 hours ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Nick and Davie are gonna be pissed. Though I think this was a great move for Christian/Gabby to flip now, it might come back to bite Christian in the ass because of the new idol he doesn't know about.

And also, wtf was with that teaser for next week? Homegirl finally got enough of Christian being a cocktease?

Yeah, it will be interesting to see how that plays out. Everything and everybody should be at play now. As for the preview I think she is getting drunk with power and that is what did in Carl last night. It will be interesting if Gabby gets the same treatment or if her new formed alliance turns on one of their own again. 

15 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I take back anything positive I've said about Angelina.  God she's insufferable.  "I don't want to make a big deal about it, but did y'all see the rice I got us by sitting out of a challenge I'll never win?"

Wasn't as big of a fan of Christian as most of y'all, but the dude has grown on me.  Props for 5 hours on the challenge.

Gabby has an odd ability to go from sobbing/annoying to kind of Indie/cute from scene to scene.

I loved the fact that she switched "alliances", was Carl's best friend all of sudden only to be blindsided again, and on the losing side of the numbers game. Yeah she is just as clueless as they make her out to be every episode. 

She is so self unaware it's comical. 

This is from her bio on CBS-

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor
I have always been an extremely optimistic and positive person, I always see the best in everything/everyone and make the most out of even the hardest situations. Even though I'm not super outdoorsy, I'm a quick learner and always down to try something new.

I'm also scrappy, adaptable, smart, fun, and determined as hell. Most importantly though, my love for people, empathy, and emotional awareness are what I credit for much of what I've accomplished in my 28 years of life. I'm able to get along with anyone, and people tend to trust me. 

Lastly, I'm not afraid to take risks and play hard. I will use all of these skills, at the right time with the right people, in order to make it all the way to the end.

https://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/215973/

The rest of it is just as bad.

3 hours ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Totally. I've been crushing since she lost the ugly sweater.

Nick and Davie are gonna be pissed. Though I think this was a great move for Christian/Gabby to flip now, it might come back to bite Christian in the ass because of the new idol he doesn't know about.

And also, wtf was with that teaser for next week? Homegirl finally got enough of Christian being a cocktease?

98% chance it's bs editing.

2 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Could be that I was just lookong to find something else annoying about Angelina, but did y'all notice how quickly she likes to jump in with a big word or two every time Christian says something intelligent?  "When I got my MBA from Yale ....."

No, I noticed it as well.

"I was elected to serve over 15,000+ students at Stanford University as Student Body President, and I was the first Latina to hold the position.

Just fucking kill me now. She always needs to try and prove she is the smartest person in the room. 

This is 100% Angelina at a party:

Yep, totally that person-

That stupid beeyotch, enjoy Ponderosa. 

Numbers are back with the Goliaths, country lawyer better realize in a hurry he’s at the bottom, and align with Davey and Christian, and hope they can swing wnomevet is the fourth place Goliath to their side. They also need to do some serious idol hunting overnight.

And funny how Gabby is 100% Team Christian’s Ball Sack... up until the moment she discovers he has a girlfriend.

Edited by Vito Andolini

RE: angelina’s Negotiation. I may be drunk but probst is being sarcastic right? She basically tried to give up the farm for a sack of rice. Jeff helped her out by throwing out his terms. 
No kidding. That was the worst negotiating ever.

I think there was a lot of editing involving Gabby and Christian to paint that picture of them practically engaged.

2 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

And funny how Gabby is 100% Team Christian’s Ball Sack... up until the moment she discovers he has a girlfriend.

LOL.  I was thinking the same thing.  I wasn't expecting Christian to be with a model but, geesh.

Angelina, "Mom.  I gave up the immunity challenge so that I could feed everyone!"  If she makes it to the end, I hope she goes o-fer because she's so unlikable.

Felt bad for Nick's dad. 

"We were so poor."  

"How poor were you?"

"My dad gave blood to buy milk for his 5 children."

I wish Allison would lend some island outfits to Kara.  For an ex NFL cheerleader, she sure does like covering up.

29 minutes ago, Updawg said:

I think there was a lot of editing involving Gabby and Christian to paint that picture of them practically engaged.

Agreed. Obviously it didn't work out but she was completely right that she needed to make a move against him to have a chance of winning this game. 

8 hours ago, DanRydell said:

Agreed. Obviously it didn't work out but she was completely right that she needed to make a move against him to have a chance of winning this game. 

yes, it wasn't a bad move.  christian is teflon.  if he doesn't find an idol this week he should be the next to go.  if not, the others are grooving it for him.  i do not agree with davie's logic that he needs christian as a shield.  that would be like gabby saying she needs christian as a shield.  davie has to realize who's winning this game and it ain't him, and be willing to make a move.  that was his big chance to take out the frontrunner and instead he caves and rats out everyone else.  dumb move.  

9 hours ago, DanRydell said:

She was 100% correct but she played her hand too soon, which made her an easy vote at tribal.

Angelina is by far one of the most unlikable people they have had on the show in years. Not because she is an asshole or evil but she is literally the poster child of "look at me, I am so great" while also thinking she is an incredible giving and caring person. 

Pro Tip- If that was actually the case you wouldn't need to tell everyone about it. Regardless of the outcome I have no doubt she is going to have some long speech prepared about how awesome she was on the reunion show.  

• Like 1

Nice of the cameraman to let Christian know he needed to play his idol.  There are some players who really do benefit from a shield, but Davie isn't one of them.  He still voted for Christian, so I guess he came to his senses.  Nick is someone who should keep a bigger target in the game, but at some point, that bigger target does have to be voted out, and I think it is probably time for that.

I liked that Gabby woke up, and agree with those that it was likely the girlfriend who made her suddenly see reason.  Unfortunately for her, she was either foiled by a change in her body language toward Christian, or production shenanigans.  Wonder if Christian's relationship survives Survivor.  I would bet that it doesn't, but then most relationships fail, so I'm not really testing a limb there.   

Christian will likely need to go on an immunity run to get to the end, but we have seen in several seasons where the obvious target survives a few times, and the other players give up and start targeting each other.  It looks like that is what happens next week, though previews are generally intended to mislead (last week's was actually accurate).

I want to like Angelina, but I just can't.  I want to believe that it is the editing making her appear worse than she is, but I don't think it is.  Speaking of editing, no one should be surprised if she makes it to final tribal, nor should they be shocked when she gets zero votes. 

I still like Christian, but I do not know what his obsession is with Alison.  She could be seen as an immunity threat, but I do not see how she could be perceived as a threat to win the game.  She may have tried to target Christian in the past, but everyone has.  He should be smarter than to worry about vendetta targets, but like I said, game stress can make for odd decisions. 

After last night, there is no one in the game who has been on the correct side of the vote every time they have been to tribal.  Christian was the last one left.

Edited by idigTexas
OU sucks

Help me out with the votes last night.  I'm still not sure how Gabby went home.   I think this is how everyone voted

5 votes for Christian - Davey, Nick, Gabby, Kara & Alison

1 vote for Alison - Christian

2 votes for Gabby - Mike & Angelina

So everybody was on board with voting out Christian, but everybody but Gabby had a backup plan of splitting the vote in case he had an idol.   And they decided the person who basically spearheaded targeting Christian is the person they threw the votes to?  I think I answered my own question and figured out why I was so confused.   That has to be something of a Survivor rarity.   Gabby makes a big move, but everybody else makes her the secondary target.   I guess it makes sense, since 4 of them kind of have a final four deal and Gabby isn't part of it.  It seems like Davey would have been the logical choice for the split vote, but he is in/not in their final four alliance (he needs to get fully into that at this point).  Interesting.  Gabby really screwed herself by turning on Christian.  Actually, her and Christian screwed themselves last week voting out Carl.  The one thing that seemed obvious this week is what a terrible move that was for both of them last week.  They're probably going to be voted out in back to back weeks all because Gabby didn't like Carl acting like the Godfather.  I'm going stream of consciousness here, but Jesus that was such a terrible move.  

So if they stick with the Davids and Angelina last week, they have Christian, Gabby, Davey, Nick, Angelina and Carl.  Carl is acting like he is running things, so he is making himself a pretty big target.  Christian was already a big target and nobody was targeting Gabby yet.  So they stick together and vote off Alison last week and Kara this week.  Now you have Mike, Angelina and the 5 Davids.  Mike is no threat, so he should be taken to the end.  Angelina sucks, so she should be taken to the end.  Once they turn on each other, Carl, Christian, and Nick are the three biggest targets.  Gabby's end game at that point should be to take Mike and Angelina to final.  She'll have time to build her resume by targeting Carl, Nick and Christian.   She just has to outlast Davey at that point.   So last week was maybe an all time stupid Survivor move.  Not like Eric giving up his immunity idol at tribal stupid, but really really stupid.  

tl;dr - Gabby really screwed herself last week and finished herself off this week with another stupid move.  

I think Christian's hangup with Alison is that she was Gabby's second-closest ally so it threatened his alliance.

I think it was a mistake but Christian and Gabby to give up the David's number advantage last week but it doesn't even register among all-time stupid moves. She rightly concluded that if he alliance is excluding her from their plans, then they're not really her alliance. Maybe she wouldn't have been their first target but there was certainly nobody over there other than Christian interested in protecting her.

I also don't think she made a mistake this week. You can't just hope to get big threats out later because the opportunity often doesn't wind up presenting itself. You have to take your shot when you can. It didn't work, but that doesn't mean it wasn't still her best shot at winning.

I agree that getting rid of Carl was a mistake, but I attribute that to Gabby, bot Christian.  Christian's mistake was in going along with it.  It was a personality decision, not a strategic one.  Alison has not been a threat to Christian's alliance in weeks, but I guess if you are a somewhat insecure dweeb, it's easy to convince yourself otherwise. 

54 minutes ago, DanRydell said:

I think Christian's hangup with Alison is that she was Gabby's second-closest ally so it threatened his alliance.

I think it was a mistake but Christian and Gabby to give up the David's number advantage last week but it doesn't even register among all-time stupid moves. She rightly concluded that if he alliance is excluding her from their plans, then they're not really her alliance. Maybe she wouldn't have been their first target but there was certainly nobody over there other than Christian interested in protecting her.

I also don't think she made a mistake this week. You can't just hope to get big threats out later because the opportunity often doesn't wind up presenting itself. You have to take your shot when you can. It didn't work, but that doesn't mean it wasn't still her best shot at winning.

That's a good point.  Since she was unknowingly the back up plan, that just shows how irrelevant she had become to everybody else.  

Yep.  Only Mike and Angelina have been together the entire time.  Based on that and editing, I think the final 3 will be Christian, Angelina, and Mike, which means one of them will probably go home next week.

Alison    Goliath    Tiva
Angelina    Goliath    Jabeni
Christian    David    Tiva
Davie    David    Vuku
Kara    Goliath    Vuku
Mike    Goliath    Jabeni
Nick    David    Jabeni

37 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

Yep.  Only Mike and Angelina have been together the entire time.  Based on that and editing, I think the final 3 will be Christian, Angelina, and Mike, which means one of them will probably go home next week.

Alison    Goliath    Tiva
Angelina    Goliath    Jabeni
Christian    David    Tiva
Davie    David    Vuku
Kara    Goliath    Vuku
Mike    Goliath    Jabeni
Nick    David    Jabeni

I think Christian has been getting the classic "fan favorite eliminated right before the final tribal council" edit, unfortunately.

I think the final 3 will be some combination of Nick/Angelina and either Mike or Kara.  I feel like the editing has focused a lot onto Nick's strategic thinking, and his idol will make him tough to get out.  Angelina is a perfect tribal council goat, as seemingly is Mike, and Kara has just been steadily hanging in there for weeks now.

Rooting for a Christian or Davie win.

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I think Christian has been getting the classic "fan favorite eliminated right before the final tribal council" edit, unfortunately.

I think the final 3 will be some combination of Nick/Angelina and either Mike or Kara.  I feel like the editing has focused a lot onto Nick's strategic thinking, and his idol will make him tough to get out.  Angelina is a perfect tribal council goat, as seemingly is Mike, and Kara has just been steadily hanging in there for weeks now.

You are probably correct about the editing, but no one else as really been getting "winner" treatment.  Nick got a little focus early in the game, but he has essentially been ignored for several weeks, other than his interactions with Christian. 

Damn.  Karl was gonna stab a bitch when he walked in at tribal.

Hoffa beat me to it.  I've never disliked anyone on Survivor as much as I do Angelina.  Johnny Fairplay was a schtick. Russel was an ass, but had his positive moments.  Russel's nephew was batshit crazy.  But Angelina seems like the type that watch the show and still think everyone she did and said was perfect.

1 hour ago, idigTexas said:

and those two haven't said two words to each other the entire time.   i would not want to take angelina to the final three and give her a chance to plead her case.  you know she has an mba from yale, right?  and she took negotiating?  i assume you do because she's told everyone she's met, several times over.    davie and mike are playing the quietest game.  they've kept the lowest profile of the 7 remaining.  i don't always respect that but maybe they got some big moves coming.

On 12/6/2018 at 1:14 PM, thrillhammer said:

and those two haven't said two words to each other the entire time.   i would not want to take angelina to the final three and give her a chance to plead her case.  you know she has an mba from yale, right?  and she took negotiating?  i assume you do because she's told everyone she's met, several times over.    davie and mike are playing the quietest game.  they've kept the lowest profile of the 7 remaining.  i don't always respect that but maybe they got some big moves coming.

Well she must not be vegan or do Crossfit, because we'd know that too.

On December 5, 2018 at 8:30 PM, George said:

RE: angelina’s Negotiation. I may be drunk but probst is being sarcastic right? She basically tried to give up the farm for a sack of rice. Jeff helped her out by throwing out his terms. 

Exactly. I was laughing at her stupid arrogance at being some kind of super negotiator. Other team members were looking like wtf.

On 12/6/2018 at 8:29 AM, idigTexas said:

I want to like Angelina, but I just can't.  I want to believe that it is the editing making her appear worse than she is, but I don't think it is.  Speaking of editing, no one should be surprised if she makes it to final tribal, nor should they be shocked when she gets zero votes. 

It's not just the editing. Based my brief look at her twitter she is as annoying as she has been on the show in real life. Including calling the CBS Survivor twitter account as being sexist-

On 12/6/2018 at 12:53 PM, Chuckie Finster said:

Good call, though I think Christian went home earlier than even that.  Part of me is glad that it isn't so predictable, but I am disappointed.  I'm on Team Davie now, but am wondering who engineered the votes.  Mike was talking Christian but did not vote for him.  That was a weird tribal.

I know Mike White isn’t there to play for Christian, he wants to win, etc., and it’s ultimately probably a good game move, but fuck Mike White. He didn’t even have the balls to be one of the three who voted for Christian, he took the “ we need votes for Davey in case an idol is played” route. 

My nerd is gone.

Would like to see Davey win, Nick would be my next choice, cheerleader third. I have no use for the bad actor, the uninteresting doctor or Rice Gal. 

8 hours ago, DanRydell said:

Some weeks, like this one, production focuses WAY too much on the vote being a surprise that how we got there is completely indecipherable.

They made the vote seem really chaotic, but I think it was a simple 5 vs. 2 with the 5 splitting the votes.  The editors have done a good job to make it seem complicated, but Davie and Christian have been on the bottom for a few weeks now.  

Nick was my hands down favorite, but he's had a few bad episodes in a row.  They're REALLY hammering the "Alison is wonderwoman" storyline, and I just don't see it, so I'm wondering if they're trying to sell her winning to the viewers.  I don't think there's any way Angelina isn't sitting at the final tribal council.

2 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

They made the vote seem really chaotic, but I think it was a simple 5 vs. 2 with the 5 splitting the votes.  The editors have done a good job to make it seem complicated, but Davie and Christian have been on the bottom for a few weeks now.  

Nick was my hands down favorite, but he's had a few bad episodes in a row.  They're REALLY hammering the "Alison is wonderwoman" storyline, and I just don't see it, so I'm wondering if they're trying to sell her winning to the viewers.  I don't think there's any way Angelina isn't sitting at the final tribal council.

Agreed, and the thought of having to listen to Angelina try and explain why she deserves $1M is going to make my ears bleed. And knowing she is going to get 0 votes to win won't do a damn thing to make her realize she's an awful person and player and in fact will be the exact opposite and she will somehow in her mind believe she got screwed because she is so selfless and deserving. The only saving grace is it might be a final 3 of women so she can't play the sexist card for why she lost.  

7 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Lol.  I called it to my wife during the reward challenge.  Told her I hoped someone would win, not pick Angelina to go, and she'd beg.  Only thing I missed was her pulling the the "I fed everyone" card.  

I am team Davie from here on out. Hands down the greatest scene from this season. Angelina of course is to fucking self centered to realize that the other 3 didn't say a damn thing to plead their case yet she interrupts Jeff to explain why she is such an amazing selfless person. I only pray at the reunion one of the cast calls her out on being such an annoying and self centered moron.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

I am team Davie from here on out. Hands down the greatest scene from this season. Angelina of course is to fucking self centered to realize that the other 3 didn't say a damn thing to plead their case yet she interrupts Jeff to explain why she is such an amazing selfless person. I only pray at the reunion one of the cast calls her out on being such an annoying and self centered moron.  

You've got that wrong actually.  Probst, seeing as he has ears, eyes, and a brain, realizes what an insufferable person she is, set her up for that.   I don't recall him ever doing this in the past, but right before Davie made his choice he asked if anyone wanted to make a plea for why they thought they should be chosen.  That was not an accident.  There was like a 3 second pause where I actually thought for once she wasn't going to take the opportunity to talk about how great she was.   I actually got my hopes up that she might shut the fuck up the first time.  Never one to disappoint, she came through.  And how about when Davie picked Nick first and said he had to pay him back for taking him on the loved one reward and she said "we both picked you Davie".  God, I hate her so much.  

3 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

You've got that wrong actually.  Probst, seeing as he has ears, eyes, and a brain, realizes what an insufferable person she is, set her up for that.   I don't recall him ever doing this in the past, but right before Davie made his choice he asked if anyone wanted to make a plea for why they thought they should be chosen.  That was not an accident.  There was like a 3 second pause where I actually thought for once she wasn't going to take the opportunity to talk about how great she was.   I actually got my hopes up that she might shut the fuck up the first time.  Never one to disappoint, she came through.  And how about when Davie picked Nick first and said he had to pay him back for taking him on the loved one reward and she said "we both picked you Davie".  God, I hate her so much.  

No doubt, but she did interrupt Jeff, yes he asked if anybody wanted to make a plea but she interrupted him before he could finish because as you mentioned she couldn't help herself.  

1 minute ago, JimmyHoffa said:

No doubt, but she did interrupt Jeff, yes he asked if anybody wanted to make a plea but she interrupted him before he could finish because as you mentioned she couldn't help herself.  

Hmm.  I remember there being about a 3 second pause between him asking and her talking.   We can just agree to disagree on that minor point and agree that she is the worst.  

He asked and then paused for anyone to speak up. When he started speaking again, she interrupted him.

It’s near impossible to imagine a scenario where Angelina isn’t at the end because they all want to be sitting next to her and yes, it’s going to be an absolute fucking beating listening to her plead her case.

• Like 1

This has turned out to be a great season.  The last 5-6 tribals have been fascinating.  They made the observation last night that there are no alliances, that they are made each week, then broken and start all over fresh the next week.  Also, I think it was Mike that pointed out that there are no grudges, and nothing is taken personal.  They go back to camp after tribal and all are willing to work with each other the following week.  For about 4 weeks, Angelina and Allison were a vote away from going home, so close.  Now they are in the thick of it and for all we know could actually win this thing.  Davie and Nick are playing the hardest, so the most deserving.  Then Mike.  The girls are all weak and playing timidly.