Survivor: David vs. Goliath

Chuckie Finster

23 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

This has turned out to be a great season.  The last 5-6 tribals have been fascinating.  They made the observation last night that there are no alliances, that they are made each week, then broken and start all over fresh the next week.  Also, I think it was Mike that pointed out that there are no grudges, and nothing is taken personal.  They go back to camp after tribal and all are willing to work with each other the following week.  For about 4 weeks, Angelina and Allison were a vote away from going home, so close.  Now they are in the thick of it and for all we know could actually win this thing.  Davie and Nick are playing the hardest, so the most deserving.  Then Mike.  The girls are all weak and playing timidly.

I think the editors are making their money this year (and production for the placement of all their idols and advantages) The editing makes things seem much more up in the air than I think some of the votes have been and we obviously don't see all of the conversations at camp just the ones that make things less clear than they actually are. 

1 hour ago, JimmyHoffa said:

I think the editors are making their money this year (and production for the placement of all their idols and advantages) The editing makes things seem much more up in the air than I think some of the votes have been and we obviously don't see all of the conversations at camp just the ones that make things less clear than they actually are. 

This is BY FAR the best edited season in recent memory, maybe ever.  I feel like we've gotten to know almost every character, instead of just the one or two that usually get focus.  They were still able to make Christian the face of the season without really taking away much from anyone else  And there's been a level of fun and humor and personality that has been missing from recent seasons.  I'm thinking the cast has made things easy for them, but hopefully they are able to carry some lessons from this hugely popular season into the future.

Agree. 

Once last point I forgot on our girl Angelina. She gets back to camp- you know with the other 3 people that didn't get to go on the reward and says she's really mad and says it's not about her and then proceeds to make it about her bringing up the "winning the rice for the whole tribe". 

The editors get an A+ for doing her so dirty. It's great and she is too stupid to realize they are giving her a shitty edit because she loves herself so damn much. 

2 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

Agree. 

Once last point I forgot on our girl Angelina. She gets back to camp- you know with the other 3 people that didn't get to go on the reward and says she's really mad and says it's not about her and then proceeds to make it about her bringing up the "winning the rice for the whole tribe". 

The editors get an A+ for doing her so dirty. It's great and she is too stupid to realize they are giving her a shitty edit because she loves herself so damn much. 

I'm not sure that the editors had a choice.  I'm finding it hard to believe they could even pluck enough stuff out of the footage to give her a good edit.   

7 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

And why didn't one of her family members recommend some lose fitting basketball shorts to her before she left?  Good lord.  Those gray sweats, leggings, or tarp, or whatever the hell those are were an awful choice.  

And she's 28. not good, not good at all

12 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

In the previews, Mike says something along the lines of, "She's like a cruel psychopath".  Hopefully, (and surely) that's aimed at Angelina.  In a way, I'm hoping she makes the final and gets absolutely destroyed in the jury interaction.

Yeah, but would she?  As much as I despise her, I'm not sure if she is really playing a bad game.  Unless they just want to attack her personally, which I would be all for, I think she may just be that third wheel at the final tribal that nobody really acknowledges.  Which, with her personality, might be even better than them criticizing her.  

• Like 2

The only chance Kara, Allison, or Angelina have is if they play a great game in the finale..Make a big move or 2 and eliminate the dudes. Kara probably has the best shot as she won immunity once (I think).. She needs to figure out how to get Davie and Nick out to have a shot. I don't think there's anything Allison and Angelina can do at this point. 

8 minutes ago, texashorne said:

I can't think of any scenario where Allison wins unless she goes off in the finale. 

My bet is Davie or Mike

I'll admit, I'm guessing a lot based off of the editing.

Davie - I think the only way he pulls it off is if he goes in a Ben-esque immunity run.  He just doesn't have the allies left, but I think he has a great shot if he somehow makes it to the final tribal.  Like most of America, I imagine, he's who I'm pulling for

Angelina - LOL

Kara - She seems to be playing a very strong game and is usually on the right side of the vote, but I feel like we haven't heard much from the others about her being a threat or strategizing.  Just feel like she would have been made a more important character if she was the eventual winner.

Mike - He's ending fairly strong, but I feel like he was kind of portrayed as an out-of-the-loop doofus for a while.  I also have a tough time imagining the jury awarding a famous person the million dollars

Nick - Been portrayed as the mastermind behind a lot of moves and other players have openly identified him as a threat.  Has a lot of allies and friends on jury, too.  Being a lawyer, I also think he would perform well at the final tribal... I just don't know if he can get there, and he wasted his idol

Alison - The other contestants keep referring to her as "Wonderwoman" and keep talking about how much of a threat she is, so they obviously think she's playing a strong game.  Personally, I think she's pretty boring, so either something is not translating well through the TV or production is really making a conscious effort to hammer the viewer with how "strong" she is.  Something just feels off about her portrayal, so I'm thinking it might be because in a season full of great characters, a "dud" ended up winning and they felt obligated to balance her airtime with fun personalities like Christian and Alec

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Alison - The other contestants keep referring to her as "Wonderwoman" and keep talking about how much of a threat she is, so they obviously think she's playing a strong game.  Personally, I think she's pretty boring, so either something is not translating well through the TV or production is really making a conscious effort to hammer the viewer with how "strong" she is.  Something just feels off about her portrayal, so I'm thinking it might be because in a season full of great characters, a "dud" ended up winning and they felt obligated to balance her airtime with fun personalities like Christian and Alec

I agree with this.  She did win immunity once, and has been close several other times, but personality wise, she has not brought anything that is view worthy.  Her social game must at least be passable.  If she does win, that means that it has to be an all girl final tribal, or maybe she wins over Mike because no one wants to give him the money as you said.  She wins not because of her resume, but due to a lack of a better option being left.  There have been a few seasons like that.  It's unfortunate if a great season has such an anti-climactic ending, but it's better than having an unwatchable season. 

I'm sure we'll see more of Christian somewhere.

3 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I'll admit, I'm guessing a lot based off of the editing.

Davie - I think the only way he pulls it off is if he goes in a Ben-esque immunity run.  He just doesn't have the allies left, but I think he has a great shot if he somehow makes it to the final tribal.  Like most of America, I imagine, he's who I'm pulling for

Angelina - LOL

Kara - She seems to be playing a very strong game and is usually on the right side of the vote, but I feel like we haven't heard much from the others about her being a threat or strategizing.  Just feel like she would have been made a more important character if she was the eventual winner.

Mike - He's ending fairly strong, but I feel like he was kind of portrayed as an out-of-the-loop doofus for a while.  I also have a tough time imagining the jury awarding a famous person the million dollars

Nick - Been portrayed as the mastermind behind a lot of moves and other players have openly identified him as a threat.  Has a lot of allies and friends on jury, too.  Being a lawyer, I also think he would perform well at the final tribal... I just don't know if he can get there, and he wasted his idol

I agree with this. No way Mike or Kara win as they would have been much more prominently featured in the edit. 

Davie, Angelina, Nick, and Alison are the only ones with a legit shot based on the edit. And Angelina is just in there because the Producers know she has said and done a lot of dumb and annoying shit which is good for TV. 

1 hour ago, thrillhammer said:

How is next week the final episode with 6 players left?  two players eliminated, and 4 taken to final tribal?

Two hour show, there are 3 days left, one immunity challenge and tribal per day with no reward challenge (usually) The very beginning of the finale is usually an immunity comp with tribal right after. With this few of people they don't do a lot of camp chit chat just comp/tribal and on to the next day. 

One comp and tribal every half an hour plus the last tribal which takes up the last 30 minutes- First 10 minutes of the reunion show is Jeff reading the votes of the winner. 

Nothing too serious but I will spoiler anyway....news about tonight that TMZ broke lol:

There is going to be a live proposal by someone.  Not sure who though.  Also if you remember from like 8 months ago when someone posted..... Alec and Kara started dating after the show and broke their NDAs by publicizing it.  Alec is actually banned from the finale.  Some think maybe this is how he is getting back in to the finale. 

Edited by Scraps

Whew.  I was really worried that Nick and Mike might split the vote with Angelina winning because "womenz vote".  Gabby didn't even vote for her.

And, as usual, she's completely self unaware.  You didn't get flack on social media because you're a strong woman.  You got it because you suck ass and are self-centered.  There have been many examples of strong women winning survivor before #metoo (sorry cloaky).  They made strong moves without being self absorbed beeeatches.  And F Jeff for perpetuating the false stereotype.

9 hours ago, DanRydell said:

76955109f9969089a19bb16918fa2e10.jpg

That along with Mike "digging" in the sand looking for the clue while he was drinking wine was hilarious. 

10 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Whew.  I was really worried that Nick and Mike might split the vote with Angelina winning because "womenz vote".  Gabby didn't even vote for her.

And, as usual, she's completely self unaware.  You didn't get flack on social media because you're a strong woman.  You got it because you suck ass and are self-centered.  There have been many examples of strong women winning survivor before #metoo (sorry cloaky).  They made strong moves without being self absorbed beeeatches.  And F Jeff for perpetuating the false stereotype.

100%

I love Davie even more after he explained to her the definition of a "selfless act".  Yeah, I was worried after Gabby brought that up at the last tribal the reunion was going to be all about Angelina and poor her she lost because she's a girl. 

It pains me to do this but at least she acknowledged that she might have chanced a couple of things she did during the season. 

The "Angelina" idol was a perfect microcosm as to why she was so hated.

First of all, she actually didn't find it and had to have help.

Second, when she couldn't find it she faked an injury.

Third, she lied about how high she climbed.

Fourth she used the advantage to try to create fake drama, make Alison look stupid, and somehow boost her individual image to the jury.  I'm not really sure how she thought the latter would work.

20 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I liked how she was bragging about how she convinced Nick to take her to the final tribal.  No, you idiot, it's because you will be lucky to get a vote from the jury.

Even my extremely mild-mannered wife was all over that.  She was all, "You're in the final because you're a B".

It’s 100% accurate, both in Survivor and in society, that women are held to a different standard and are often hated for behavior for which men are not only hated but sometimes even praised. I think Chrissy is a probably a recent example on the show. And Nick, if a woman, would have been mocked for being dramatic and/or a whiner for his comments about being blindsided a couple of times.

Fortunately, this was not why Angelina was so hated - by the audience or her cast mates. Her problem was not that she was strong or opinionated or cunning. Her problem was that she tried really hard to be all of those things, was spectacularly bad at all of them, and yet lacked self-awareness such that she thought she was absolutely crushing it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DanRydell said:

It’s 100% accurate, both in Survivor and in society, that women are held to a different standard and are often hated for behavior for which men are not only hated but sometimes even praised. I think Chrissy is a probably a recent example on the show. And Nick, if a woman, would have been mocked for being dramatic and/or a whiner for his comments about being blindsided a couple of times.

Fortunately, this was not why Angelina was so hated - by the audience or her cast mates. Her problem was not that she was strong or opinionated or cunning. Her problem was that she tried really hard to be all of those things, was spectacularly bad at all of them, and yet lacked self-awareness such that she thought she was absolutely crushing it.

Yeah, she is not an example of a strong woman who is being treated differently than a man would.  She's just another example of a reality TV idiot that everyone makes fun of regardless of gender.  It's pretty impressive that she was able to be so universally disliked without being a bitch.  

3 hours ago, DanRydell said:

You nailed it.

18 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

Any thoughts on the preview for next season? 

-Looks like Exile Island is getting made even worse (longer)

-4 returning players including Kelley Wentworth

106606_d00557b.jpg

Details about the next season in the spoiler (logistics, not boot order or anything):

The idea is getting destroyed by fans online.   Hopefully it turns out better than everyone expects.

http://insidesurvivor.com/rumor-season-38-theme-and-title-34310

After each Tribal Council, the eliminated castaway will have a choice to leave the game or go to Extinction Island where they will have no shelter, limited food supplies and nothing but time on their hands as they await a chance to potentially get back in the game. They can choose to quit at any time. Basically Redemption Island but without the weekly duels.

When a player is eliminated they can choose to quit or go to Extinction Island. Players can leave at any time. There will be two chances for a player to win their way back into the game – at the merge and then around Day 35/36. Extinction Island does not reset at the merge; the extinct castaways who don’t win their way back into the game can continue to live on Extinction Island until Day 35/36 when the second opportunity to reenter arises. Yes, that means pre-merge boots could be living alongside post-merge boots. And yes, that theoretically means the entire cast could still be alive in the game come Day 35/36. It could also mean a player eliminated on Day 3 still has a chance to reenter and win the season.

I still don't get Nick's determination to get rid of Alison.  If she had a better resume than Mike, it wasn't shown at all.  That seemed like a butt hurt move, not strategery.  For me, that was a mistake, and one reason I thought Mike should have won.  It's very telling that the last three members of the jury all voted for Mike.  His game was sneaky good, but wasn't really obvious until the end, when you could look at the entire body of work.  If nick had gone along with the plan to vote out Mike, he likely wins unanimously. 

I was surprised that there wasn't any protest from Mike and Nick when Denial went on and on about how she found the idol.  It's nice that she can pretend to laugh at herself, but I don't think anyone is buying it.

That was a good season.