Media/$9.95-er postgame analysis articles (Week 9)

satyanash

18 hours ago, satyanash said:

Nice to see we got two of Okie lite's mediocre O-linemen on the list -_-

Was Jenkins the right tackle? He accounted for at least three pancakes on a couple of run plays. Sure looked all conference to me. If I heard correctly they said he was 310, 320, and quick as hell.

4 hours ago, phdhorn said:

I think he is.  And he's mostly right.

But way more talent? OU has way more talent than OSU. Not sure WVa, Tech, and ISU fit that description across the board. Now if we are talking talent matched with experience, coaching, and schemes......that is a different discussion and maybe could entertain that as a discussion point for why Orlando needs to improve. 

On 10/30/2018 at 1:30 PM, Barry_McCokiner said:

Scipio is pretty good. 

Reading his stuff actually makes me sad, because it demonstrates by comparison just how awful 99% of cfb coverage/analysis is.

He's outstanding, and I love reading his stuff for the same reason I love listening to a genuinely talented color guy during a game:  Because I actually learn stuff.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

sad?  it's football.   first class minds ideally should not be working in this area, whether it's on the sidelines or in the press box.

Really? You equate ones intelligence simply by their chosen occupation? You still have much to learn about the game of life. And how one will ultimately reflect on their life after the challenges are gone, and their bodies can no longer accomplish even the simplest of tasks that were far to often taken for granted during the prime of life.

No wiser advice was ever given then find something you’re passionate about. Don’t let material items sway you. Or power corrupt you. Find that which fills not only your mind, but your body and you will have found the very reason why you are here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

Reading his stuff actually makes me sad, because it demonstrates by comparison just how awful 99% of cfb coverage/analysis is.

He's outstanding, and I love reading his stuff for the same reason I love listening to a genuinely talented color guy during a game:  Because I actually learn stuff.

I also like that it confirms what I see that others say to the contrary. For example, our new punter is really fucking good and had his best game, the 8th game he's ever played before, against the pokes. The blocking has been shitty and most of the time he's doing it with someone in his face. 

Also, that game was entirely lost by Boyd fucking up and getting suspended, and Boyce being the current 4th best corner on our team. Anthony Cook had fuck all to do with that first quarter pounding. 

2 hours ago, Hamttx said:

Really? You equate ones intelligence simply by their chosen occupation? You still have much to learn about the game of life. And how one will ultimately reflect on their life after the challenges are gone, and their bodies can no longer accomplish even the simplest of tasks that were far to often taken for granted during the prime of life.

No wiser advice was ever given then find something you’re passionate about. Don’t let material items sway you. Or power corrupt you. Find that which fills not only your mind, but your body and you will have found the very reason why you are here.

Amen.

Follow your bliss.

Wish I'd discovered the truth of that much earlier in life.