Nail biter of a regular season

honolulu horn

This season has been a fun ride but damn if it hasn't taken some years off my life...I can't remember a season in which we've had more close games. We had 9 games this season decided by one score. We went 6-3 in the those games. Even the two score wins against TCU and ISU were pretty close up to the end. All of that is very encouraging for the development of this team. It says a lot about our character and our coaching -- last year we lose most of those games. This year we're winning most of them. Maybe next year we can actually start blowing some teams out.

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Tom Herman just matched Strong's win total of 16 wins.

Strong did it in 3. Herman did it in 2.

9-3

just to add to this, Mack Brown did it 8 games into his second season. It was against #3 Nebraska.

Well, a few things can still happen that are obviously out of our control.  TCU and Kansas State can still make bowl games.  Given that Texas Tech or Baylor has to make one, since one of them emerges tomorrow with 6 wins, and say one of the two of TCU and KSU pulls off an upset for their coach and makes a bowl.  And we're obviously going to play a bowl eligible team in Arlington next weekend.  So that'll be 7 games against bowl eligible teams, 6 at a bare minimum.  Sadly, one of our losses was to a team not going bowling (I don't see Maryland upsetting Penn State, but hey-they almost beat OSU).  

Not bad. 

Well at least it wasn’t boring.

My preseason prediction was us going 9-3. Very good season that met my expectations. I knew Tom was going to turn shit around and prove that he is worth $5 million a year. Fuck the Fire Tom haters, I’m glad they look like schmucks now. We could have easily been 10-2 if we had held on against WVU. Next year we are going to the playoffs and Sam is going to be in the top 3 of Heisman voting

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Xian said:

Yep. It’s been a fun season. 

Hopefully we start blowing people out next year. 

Don’t care about blowing errbody out next year.

winning every game by 1 point is still a undefeated winning season

Ok, now

let’s focus on THIS Years CCG.

1-0

Edited by TexasTroll