Teams that left the conference -- where did they finish this year?

SEC

On 11/27/2018 at 10:36 AM, Cornfusion said:

The Oklahoma game used to be HUGE every year...and that was it.  The Big Ten has more competition from top to bottom than the Big 8 or Big 12 did.  So we traded more money for playing teams like Penn State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and lost Oklahoma and Kansas, Kansas State.  I'm okay with that, you might not be if you were a Nebraska fan.

I gotta come back to this. I wasn't really addressing moving from the Big 8 to the Big Ten, since that isn't what you did. I was specifically talking about leaving the Big 12. So you didn't just lose Oklahoma and the six dwarves, you lost Texas. You lost Colorado as well but that was probably a done deal either way. I am baffled why you'd throw Wisconsin in that discussion, as that seems like the kind of program that's fun to schedule home-and-home every 25 years.

I guess I don't understand any of it. Nebraska's only chance to rekindle the Oklahoma rivalry was to stay in the Big 12. If you had, that would now be a yearly game. I see that as superior to playing Michigan, Penn State, and Ohio State some of the time. All other things being equal (they're not), playing Texas regularly is a toss-up compared to those three in terms of attractiveness. 

I also think you are wearing a delicious pork chop around your neck so the dogs will play with you. It's going to rot sooner than later but you think it's dinner right now. Playing regular games in the state of Texas was better for your recruiting than playing occasional games in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Ohio is or will be. 

I do have a dream, though. I dream that one day, perhaps far in the future, there will be one fan of Nebraska, Colorado, Texas A&M, or Missouri that will look critically at their athletic department and objectively say "I liked it better in the Big 12" or "we were better off in the Big 12". Right now, every single one of you bitches has both ears plugged yelling NAH NAH NAH NAH I CAN'T HEAR YOU when that subject comes up. And before you say "oh it's human nature, no fan would do that", I say, try talking to some Maryland or Penn State fans. They're quite vocal about how much better the ACC was/would be.

• Like 1