Teams that left the conference -- where did they finish this year?

SEC

Records:

Arky 2-10

Aggy 8-4

Mizzou 8-4

Nebraska 4-8

Colorado 5-7

27-33, they lost 65% of games they played cumulatively. 0 football conference titles among all of them since leaving, which is especially embarrassing for Arkansas.

Edited by BigXII
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, DanRydell said:

And A&M actually finished 3rd in the SEC (4-way tie with Florida, Kentucky and LSU but they went 2-0 against those three).

Historically speaking, didn't aggy own more second place finishes in the SWC than any other team? If that's the case, then in terms of history, while Mizzou's finish is anomalously high, Aggy's finish is actually lower than average.

2 hours ago, DanRydell said:

And A&M actually finished 3rd in the SEC (4-way tie with Florida, Kentucky and LSU but they went 2-0 against those three).

Congratulations to A&M. They had a fine season. I am not sure what it is like to be tied with a team you did not even play but that is super conferences for you.

2 hours ago, BigXII said:

A nice little cross section of all the bitch-ass teams which have run away over the years, and where they finished in their respective conferences this year:

Arkansas: 14th out of 14

Aggy: 6th out of 14

Mizzou: 8th out of 14

Colorado: 11th out of 12

Nebraska: 8th out of 14

Hope you guys are having fun!

I’m having fun seeing them fail! 

2 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Did any of them lose to Texas? No? Mission accomplished.

Bingo. A&M could go 1-10 in the SEC every year and as long as none of the ten losses were to Texas, they'd be able to avoid the objective proof of their inferiority. Thus, they're better off.

You cannot put a price on what it's worth to the Aggies to not have to live with losing to us. In their heart of hearts, they'd rather lose in the SEC than win in the BIg 12 because being in the SEC (and having the SEC overlords preventing a UT-A&M bowl matchup) eliminates any chance of them losing to us. 

That's the kind of rivalry they've always wanted with us. If they couldn't get to beating us every year, the next best thing would be never losing to us again. Mission accomplished.

• Like 2

The B12 needs to try and get Arkansas and Nebraska to rejoin the league.  I'm not saying it would happen but its a better fit for both schools and when you win your donations are a lot higher to the school and probably merchandise sales, etc. 

To the networks the matchups between those two teams and B12 teams should be worth more than their current leagues inventory of games.  Those two additions would be strong enough to go to a 12 team league or maybe WVU takes Arkansas place in the SEC and kick Baylor out for 10.     

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Win5002 said:

The B12 needs to try and get Arkansas and Nebraska to rejoin the league.  I'm not saying it would happen but its a better fit for both schools and when you win your donations are a lot higher to the school and probably merchandise sales, etc. 

To the networks the matchups between those two teams and B12 teams should be worth more than their current leagues inventory of games.  Those two additions would be strong enough to go to a 12 team league or maybe WVU takes Arkansas place in the SEC and kick Baylor out for 10.     

That would be outstanding, but I just don't see them swallowing their pride and doing the smart thing.

I always told my pig people friends - who were secsecsec about aggy joining - that aggy would be the worst thing to happen to it because it would take away its single biggest selling point. There is really no reason pig should be a decent football program: small state, no national appeal, etc. The one thing it had was secsecsec close to Texas, but aggy and misery will siphon more and more of that - why go to pig when one can go to aggy or misery - bigger schools, closer to large cities. I suspect pig will be in the dump for eternity - Petrino worked magic for a bit, but I suspect that was pretty dubious.

I would guess Nebraska and Missouri might regret their movies, but I doubt they would ever consider rejoining - no many as prideful as academics and athletics. I am old fashioned and think the best part about college football is the regional rivalries and really hate what the ESPN did to college football. I would return to six regional conferences, which would be perfect for a legit playoff: six champions and two wild cards for an eight-team championship.

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Nebraska really, really, really fucked up.

Yep. They lost their identity. They don't fit in with the Big 10 at all and no one there even accepts them. They don't even have a real rivalry game any longer, which is what college football is all about. Not even an ounce of success since moving to the Big 10.

2 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Congratulations to A&M. They had a fine season. I am not sure what it is like to be tied with a team you did not even play but that is super conferences for you. 

It's a little better than having to play a team you already beat in the "conference championship game".

Edited by relapse98
english

3 hours ago, kopp0e said:

The Cornhuskers were pretty close to being 6-6, or even 7-5, with a few breaks their way this season; Troy upset/ collapse in 4th against N'western/ close loss to Iowa...

Well by that logic we were 10-3 last year.

1. OT  Fumble on goal line vs. the condoms  

2. Int. vs. the Pokes , ball should have been Thrown to the first row

3. Fluke pass with game in hand  vs. coach bro

Edited by jdhorn92

28 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Well by that logic we were 10-3 last year.

1. OT  Fumble on goal line vs. the condoms  

2. Int. vs. the Pokes , ball should have been Thrown to the first row

3. Fluke pass with game in hand  vs. coach bro

Agreed, UT is closer to being back than many (nationally) want to recognize... Herman just needs a solid offense to complete the turn-around for the 'Horns...

12 minutes ago, n64ra said:

Aggy: 6th out of 14 

Mizzou: 8th out of 14

Trade in middle of the pack Big 12 for middle of the pack SEC.

The problem is that those 2 teams think it's infinite times better to be a shitty program in the SEC. That is their problem, they are content being a shitty program.

• Like 1

Yep. They lost their identity. They don't fit in with the Big 10 at all and no one there even accepts them. They don't even have a real rivalry game any longer, which is what college football is all about. Not even an ounce of success since moving to the Big 10.

They should be able to develop a solid rivalry with Iowa but it takes time.

4 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

They all did, really.  Missouri managed to get lucky going to the SEC East, which is historically average.  Throw in their cross divisional "rival" is Arky, and they get some fairly easy games year over year.

Missouri is in the catbird seat as it relates to the SEC.  Neb actually drew the best card of them all considering their division.  the fact they've only won that division once in 8 years is pretty crazy.

4 hours ago, Win5002 said:

Fuck Arkansas. No one wants those toothless goons in their conference.

1 hour ago, Brandywine said:

Nebraska’s move to the Big 10 and lack of any success has been the biggest surprise to me. Considering their long history in the Big 8. It was them and OU every year. National Championships. Sold out stadiums every game for decades. They’re a shell of who they use to be.

No recruiting pipeline to population centers anymore. 

Both aggy and Mizzou’s best years in the SEC were their first 2 years in the conference. You know, when they still had a roster of mostly Big 12 recruits. Surely must be a coincidence because the SEC was going to help them recruit soooooo much better talent

Edited by perfectchaos007