Nightflyers

immortal13

Just finished it.  Looks great.  Effects are top notch.  Story?  Eh...

Spoiler

So in the 8th episode, the fat dude goes Jack Torrence and kills a few leaders on the ship with an axe.  Including the captain of the ship, in full view of a lot of people.  And then, an episode later, he's suddenly fine again and thinking clearly and helping like he was earlier?   And other than 1 or 2 comments, everyone accepts it.   

And the Agatha character killed herself to save the others from her L3 powers?  But the much more powerful, L1 guy is totally fine to be around?  None of this made any sense on any level.  I got the sense they tried to jam a lot of chapters into the last couple of episodes, so maybe the book made more sense.  But there were far too many irrational and extremely stupid decisions made by a lot of people.   By the end, I'd stopped caring about the characters and just wanted to see the visual representation of the aliens.  

Edited by Monster

1 hour ago, Monster said:

Just finished it.  Looks great.  Effects are top notch.  Story?  Eh...

Hide contents

So in the 8th episode, the fat dude goes Jack Torrence and kills a few leaders on the ship with an axe.  Including the captain of the ship, in full view of a lot of people.  And then, an episode later, he's suddenly fine again and thinking clearly and helping like he was earlier?   And other than 1 or 2 comments, everyone accepts it.   

And the Agatha character killed herself to save the others from her L3 powers?  But the much more powerful, L1 guy is totally fine to be around?  None of this made any sense on any level.  I got the sense they tried to jam a lot of chapters into the last couple of episodes, so maybe the book made more sense.  But there were far too many irrational and extremely stupid decisions made by a lot of people.   By the end, I'd stopped caring about the characters and just wanted to see the visual representation of the aliens.  

Agree on all points