Murder Mountain (Netflix)

Neonmoon

Documentary series about the illegal growers of marijuana in Northern California, it’s history, the numerous missing people over the years, and how legalislation has impacted them

On episode 3, it’s pretty good so far. I have a lot of questions about tax laws now

Spoiler

Yeah, I don’t feel bad for any of these hippies losing business. Um, you haven’t been paying taxes for 40 years selling drugs. The whole reason you were getting 4K a pound was because it was illegal. Now it’s 500 becsuse it’s not. 

Okay the bandera wearing black market guy is a douchebag. 
Agreed. I hated that they ended it with him talking about being an outlaw. Seemed like they were trying to glamorize him for some reason, and it took the focus away from Garrett (whose murder was sort of the center of the whole show) and all the missing persons.

6 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:
16 hours ago, Neonmoon said:
Okay the bandera wearing black market guy is a douchebag. 

Agreed. I hated that they ended it with him talking about being an outlaw. Seemed like they were trying to glamorize him for some reason, and it took the focus away from Garrett (whose murder was sort of the center of the whole show) and all the missing persons.

He was glorifying being an “outlaw”, aka an illegal dealer. He was against legalization because it would take the fun out it. Yet, when marijuana became legal, I thoroughly enjoyed his bitch ass whining about how unfair it was for an illegal friend growers who lost everything for not being permitted or paying taxes. What? Was it not fun anymore? Fuck him. 

• Like 1